Olight
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Mako Flood Run - A Titanium, Two-Stage, AAA-Based Flashlight

Default Re: Mako Flood Run - A Titanium, Two-Stage, AAA-Based Flashlight

Argh, not today either. Hoping for Tuesday ...
    In the past we have had a light which flickered, in the present we have a light which flames, and in the future there will be a light which shines over all the land and sea.
    - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Argh, not today either. Hoping for Tuesday ...
    Bummer!! You're gonna love it.

This thing has grown on me since I received it Saturday, love the flood!
    I may not be that bright, but my lights are!
    "I hate when I buy crap, so I try very hard not to sell it."
    -Gene Malkoff

Enrique,

Has my order been shipped? It's been a few days and I don't see any shipment arriving, and there's no tracking number to track the shipment. For $30 shipping, I am expecting Express Mail Service because that is what I paid for whenever I ordered something from the States.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Flashaholic*

pjandyho: You're in Singapore; People in the United States just started getting these Saturday and Monday. No one internationally has received their's yet and I would not have expected them to. Your light shipped via Priority Mail International, like all the other international orders did, and this was listed in the thread prior to the final deposit being accepted. You'll be receiving your light soon.

Quote Originally Posted by pjandyho View Post
    Enrique,

Has my order been shipped? It's been a few days and I don't see any shipment arriving, and there's no tracking number to track the shipment. For $30 shipping, I am expecting Express Mail Service because that is what I paid for whenever I ordered something from the States.

Patience Andybro, patience. I just got mine today and I am significantly closer....same landmass anyways. In the meantime, I'd like to taunt you by telling you the threads are incredibly smooth, the polished/blasted finish is flawless, and the beam is lovely neutral, and sufficiently floody to illuminate an average sized room without ambient light. It's quite nice...I'm sure you'll see soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post

This thing has grown on me since I received it Saturday, love the flood!
    +1. I came home from out of town Sunday night and mine was waiting on me. Probably I should post in Coyote's thread, but instead I'll post here and be brief - this is an awesome little light. The tint is perfect. The beam is very usable and useful! I bought it to see what all the fuss was about, and now I "get it." Nice job, Enrique! This is my new night time pocket light....

Quote Originally Posted by Endeavour View Post
    pjandyho: You're in Singapore; People in the United States just started getting these Saturday and Monday. No one internationally has received their's yet and I would not have expected them to. Your light shipped via Priority Mail International, like all the other international orders did, and this was listed in the thread prior to the final deposit being accepted. You'll be receiving your light soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Patience Andybro, patience. I just got mine today and I am significantly closer....same landmass anyways. In the meantime, I'd like to taunt you by telling you the threads are incredibly smooth, the polished/blasted finish is flawless, and the beam is lovely neutral, and sufficiently floody to illuminate an average sized room without ambient light. It's quite nice...I'm sure you'll see soon enough.
    Ok. I am just impatiently waiting. This is the first time I am trying something from Enrique and I am really pumped up. Can't wait to receive it in my mail box.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

A Oveready orange soft press boot fits over the Mako perfectly to make a very dim, discrete, night vision preserving, non wife waking light.

-Gene Malkoff

Your wife must have cat eyes (or sleep with her eyes open) if the Mako on the low setting is sufficient to wake her up. I revert to my previous suggestion: eye mask, for her specifically.

Lol. Turn on your mako tonite at around 3am when it's almost pitch dark, it's pretty bright!
    -Gene Malkoff

Here is my Mako, without tritium yet.... On a neck lanyard for ease of use/carry:

Works GREAT!
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Moeman,

That necklace is cool and I like the button clasp. I carry mine on my neck as well using a titanium chain and McGizmo Ti clasp.
    "The Constitution says promote the the general welfare not provide welfare." -Allen West-
    To a democrat freedom means freedom from responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by senna94 View Post
    Moeman,

That necklace is cool and I like the button clasp. I carry mine on my neck as well using a titanium chain and McGizmo Ti clasp.
    Come on Paul, You know the rules! Pics or it never happened!
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Flashaholic*

Howdy Folks,

moeman: What kind of clip is that on your lanyard? Nice looking setup you've got there.

I've completed a final batch of Titanium Nautilus lights, and they're currently available here:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ium-Nautilodes

If any Mako purchaser is interested in a Nautilus, I'll extend the same offer as with the Aeons for $25 off the purchase of a Nautilus.

Thanks folks!

Enrique

It is a Monroe DTS dangler. They are awesome. I will send you an email...

Looks like a P7 from J. S. Burly's. Not an exact match, but the same concept and quite inexpensive. I've given a pair of them to ever member of my family.

Same concept but not as nice. Kinda like comparing a Mako to a Fenix E01....

Well, it cost me a little more than I'd have liked, but I should finally have one of these babies winging its way towards me in the next couple of days!
    Last edited by Orange Sunnyboy; 03-15-2012 at 04:29 AM.

PSM night vision mode is brilliant very nice reddish glow.

Quote Originally Posted by moeman View Post
    Same concept but not as nice. Kinda like comparing a Mako to a Fenix E01....
    Depends what you like. I like the thru-holes drilled into the P7. Gives me something to look at when I'm bored with fiddling with everything else in my pockets.

The P7s are really nice little Ti clips. I use one with a McGizmo gate clip for suspending my Aeon or Ion in my pocket when I'm in dress pants so I don't get a flashlight lump in my pocket.

just got my Mako Flood and posted my comments here

here's the beamshot i included in that post:

Mako 60 vs Mako Flood

Last edited by coyote; 03-15-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Has anyone tried adding a diffuser (other than the orange cap) to this Mako yet?
    I realize these little LEDs are going to be a bit uneven, but I'd hoped for smoother, this one's somewhat distracting with an off center bright spot and a dark circle
    http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/a...5/P1080690.jpg

Flashaholic*

Hank: While I'm hesitant to pass judgment on an overexposed picture like that, and all the lights were tested prior to being sent out, if you feel that the Mako isn't working as you expect it should be I'd be happy to take a look at it for you just send me an e-mail at vcc@muyshondt.net. If you want to get a more diffuse pattern from the LED you can use some steel wool or sand paper and frost the dome, but you should be careful about it if you try that.

Coyote: I'm glad you like the light. We've got to get those white balance settings changed on your camera, though - the Mako Flood is not a yellow beam!

Enrique

Enrique,

I want to do some runtime calculations as doing an actual runtime would take a looooooooonnnggggg time. Can you please tell us what the approximate draw is on low and high for these beauties? Sorry if this has been asked or covered already but I couldn't find it.

Thanks !!!
    "The Constitution says promote the the general welfare not provide welfare." -Allen West-

Assuming the same electronics as the originals, 6ma on low, 20 ma. on high, netting 20hrs on high, 60 hours on low as per the Mako development thread. Testing of my warm Mako bears this out, runtime wise.

No complaint -- just curious if this was typical for these LEDS -- figured it was.

My comparisons make the Mako look very good; I have an Arc AAA Snow, which has a 5mm LED but makes a jagged bright circle way outside the spill, and my previous emergency-wallet-light, a MillerModded Arc AAA which uses some kind of little flat LED instead of a domed 5mm with a low and a high level.

Trust me, I'm happy. Just, you know, one who fiddles ... Figured asking in public would be the best way to restrain the urge to mess with it trying to improve on very-close-to-perfect -- I'm in the habit of doing that, but this isn't one to risk screwing up with sandpaper!

I'll try a better pic if I keep noticing it, but I expect I won't after a while.

Hank not sure how your getting a bright spot off-center but the ring is likely due to reflection. The outer "bright" ring looks like a reflection of the Ti head, though its not a reflector with the right curve but a metal surface will reflect some light. I think the ring on my Mako Flood is contrast between the center flood fading as it goes out and this reflected light. Look into the head on low you can see the line where it begins to reflect. I've seen this in other lights like a CMG with a polished surface. It doesn't look pretty for the camera but it helps light up what your looking at. The Mako is so dim to begin with I take it as an added bonus.

Try taping off the reflecting surface around the LED with black tape before you go and sand or permanently change the light, they are a rare breed it'd be a shame to maim one. I can't believe I just said that I need to mod something this weekend as penance.

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Assuming the same electronics as the originals, 6ma on low, 20 ma. on high, netting 20hrs on high, 60 hours on low as per the Mako development thread. Testing of my warm Mako bears this out, runtime wise.
    Thanks for the information !!!

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    The P7s are really nice little Ti clips. I use one with a McGizmo gate clip for suspending my Aeon or Ion in my pocket when I'm in dress pants so I don't get a flashlight lump in my pocket.
    I am sure they are nice, but they are stainless steel, not titanium.
    I have found the Monroe clip to be more resilient because of no holes (holes weaken).

I love clips for my keychain items. That is all that matters really. If you are happy I am happy.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415 LastLast