Things that need to be invented

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I can think of a number of things that the world needs that don't seem to exist yet. How about you?

Right off the bat -

A flash drive that allows the user to snap apart the USB controller from the memory. Thus if the controller blows out, you can resurrect the data by plugging in another one. I've lost two flash drives to controller failures so far.

A shoe sole that can maintain traction on ice and on hard floors. Right now it seems to be one or the other.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like a blanket that when you sleep with it, it lets you eat whatever you like the following day with no adverse effects.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
An anti-cologne spray. Something you can carry around in a little spritz bottle that will neutralize the odor of cologne or perfume when you get it on your hands or skin from someone who's wearing it. I shook someone's hand the other day and I picked up the scent of cologne on my hand. Everything I touched after that picked up a little bit of that scent. Agh! I'd love to be able to zap it with a spray.

I thought about Febreze but that has it's own scent, and I don't want to walk around smelling like a bottle of Febreze either!

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
An anti-cologne spray. Something you can carry around in a little spritz bottle that will neutralize the odor of cologne or perfume when you get it on your hands or skin from someone who's wearing it. I shook someone's hand the other day and I picked up the scent of cologne on my hand. Everything I touched after that picked up a little bit of that scent. Agh! I'd love to be able to zap it with a spray.

I thought about Febreze but that has it's own scent, and I don't want to walk around smelling like a bottle of Febreze either!

^^^^^^^^^^^
........................:crackup:

Flashlight Enthusiast

sadly...there is not much you can do for this except:

a huge fan and filter system
-or-
chemicals which numb your olfactory nerves. most so called fresh 'scents that mask odors' actually do this,
and they put a small scent out of their own, but also a chemical which affects your nervous system.

nothing can actually get odors out of the air unless it is filtered, blasted with ionization, or simply
overpowered by different scents.

fyrstormer

Banned
I can think of a number of things that the world needs that don't seem to exist yet. How about you?

Right off the bat -

A flash drive that allows the user to snap apart the USB controller from the memory. Thus if the controller blows out, you can resurrect the data by plugging in another one. I've lost two flash drives to controller failures so far.

A shoe sole that can maintain traction on ice and on hard floors. Right now it seems to be one or the other.
Lots of smaller USB flash drives use MicroSD cards wedged in the plastic part of the USB plug. They are easy to swap if you have some extra-sticky tape you can use to pull out the MicroSD card by its edge.

A shoe that maintains grip on hard floors AND ice is physically impossible, at temperatures humans can survive in. Ice melts under pressure, so when you step on ice, you're not slipping on the ice, you're slipping on the ice lubricated with a film of water. The only way to bypass that effect is to wear a shoe with hard points that can press through the water film and dig into the ice for traction, or move to Saturn's moon Europa where the ice is so cold it's as hard as steel. I promise it won't melt under your weight when it's that cold.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
A small, portable, cell-phone signal blocker! Ideal for cinemas, theaters, restaurants...

fyrstormer

Banned
sadly...there is not much you can do for this except:

a huge fan and filter system
-or-
chemicals which numb your olfactory nerves. most so called fresh 'scents that mask odors' actually do this,
and they put a small scent out of their own, but also a chemical which affects your nervous system.

nothing can actually get odors out of the air unless it is filtered, blasted with ionization, or simply
overpowered by different scents.
Really? Wow, that's creepy as hell. I don't buy Febreze now, and I never will in the future.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
A computer monitor/glasses combo, that allows the wearer of the glasses to see the monitors image ( say CPF at work), yet anyone one else not wearing the linked glasses would see the monitor with an non coded image ( say a spreadhseet).