• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS - A pair of McGizmo LS20s (1 of 2 SOLD)

JosephK

Newly Enlightened
LS20s.jpg

Out of the dozens of lights I own, I will miss these two the most:

#1 – McGizmo LunaSol 20 (no epoxy on PCB contacts) - $750 (SOLD!)
#2 – McGizmo LunaSol 20 (red epoxy on PCB contacts) - $750

High-Rez Shots of #1 http://j.irev.net/t/cpf/LS20 #1/
High-Rez Shots of #2 http://j.irev.net/t/cpf/LS20 #2/

Each of these have been EDC'd from time to time but only show very minor wear from taking them in and out of my pockets (tiny hairline scratches that should easily buff out). #2 has a couple of tooling marks which are generally acceptable by McGizmo's incredibly high standards. The clips are in perfect condition, they were never hooked onto anything wider than my pants pocket.

These lights got used but certainly not abused. I kept them clean and lubed with Nyogel. These are my #1 EDC and they were treated as such.

The remaining light, #2, is an early model of the LunaSol 20 and CANNOT accept rechargeable batteries. Anything above 3.0v will very likely fry the driver in this particular light. Thank you very much to brandocommando and Scottiver for digging up this information for me! :):)

One of these lights is from the first wave and the other is from the final wave. I honestly don't know how to tell the difference between them. This is critical because one of these lights WILL NOT support rechargeables. I have always run both of them on primaries so I cannot tell you which is which.

Again, I can't tell you which of the two is the later model. You will be playing RCR-roulette. Buyer assumes all responsibility if you try a rechargeable and fry the driver. You have been warned!

Original "proof of purchase" threads are here:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?277902
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?210596

· Not interested in trades (got bills to pay).
· PayPal verified buyers only.
· Will ship international but do not ask me to lie on the customs forms.
· Will ship USPS insured w/ adult signature required. UPS and FedEX available upon request (price difference to be paid by buyer).

The first and second "I'll take it!" are the winners.

Last edited:

brandocommando

Enlightened
Re: WTS - A pair of McGizmo LS20s

I did a little searching and found this...

"There was a batch of LunaSol 20's that had boost converters for the dragon and were not designed to be used with the R123 cells. These I did mark with the red polish. When the Haikus came to be I decided to paint the cathode solder point with the red nail polish to provide some isolation for it as well as mark the front end as Positive for those who relate red to positive. It's also an indicator to me when the LE is here in my shop that it is a "stock" LE that has been tested and not something I have experimented with."

And this...

"The red dot is only significant on the Lunasol 20, and on that light it means the light can't use RCRs. On all other lights it just means Don remembered to put nail polish on the exposed contact."

Last edited:

Scottiver

Enlightened

I have one of the original ones that are 3.0 volts only and the back of the board is 80% covered in dark red nail polish and that is known to be the distinguishing characteristic of this batch of lights.

Vernon

Enlightened

Beautiful lights, sir!

Norm

Retired Administrator

Please edit post #1 to comply with the following policy
Policy #8. Edit your thread title on completion of your sale to reflect its status as "sold". Then add a post to the end of your thread indicating that the sale is closed. Do NOT remove details of the item sold, or its selling price.
Norm

JosephK

Newly Enlightened

Please edit post #1 to comply with the following policy
Policy #8. Edit your thread title on completion of your sale to reflect its status as "sold". Then add a post to the end of your thread indicating that the sale is closed. Do NOT remove details of the item sold, or its selling price.
Norm

Done. I apologize for the mistake.

Scottiver

Enlightened

You know, the 3.0 volt run of these lights should be considered the more collectible of the two.
There were only a handful of these lights made so they are rarer, and I remember at the time
Don (McGizmo himself) stating that the drivers in these light were a much more efficient driver
than the ones that could handle the 3.7v'ers.
Also, how many collectors NEED to be able to use rechargeables in a light that probably won't get
tooo much actual use anyway.
I'm only saying this because some people may think of the 3.0v models as a less appealing light
when it is in reality a kick a$$ McGizmo LS20. :)

stoli67

Enlightened

Scottiver,

I did not want the earlier (more rare) model as I plan to upgrade the internals anyway.... Either datiled or dafabricata will hopefully update everything for me.

I cant believe that the second one is still here!

exquzmwa

Enlightened

I think the customs market is a bit tough lately :) I personally would love to get this if I had the funds not already committed to work that is already in progress.

Last edited:

JosephK

Newly Enlightened

Hey all, I'm going to open this up to international buyers with the understanding that I will declare the full sale price on the customs forms. So if you're looking to buy from abroad and you're comfortable paying the taxes, chime in quick!

Scottiver

Enlightened

Scottiver,

I did not want the earlier (more rare) model as I plan to upgrade the internals anyway.... Either datiled or dafabricata will hopefully update everything for me.

I cant believe that the second one is still here!

That seems like the perfect reason to have gotten the other light instead if you're going to upgrade it anyway. :thinking:

dinokay

Enlightened

Excellent scores, congrats to the buyers, you will absolutely love them.