SARTEK VIDEO LIGHT

lucca brassi

Enlightened
reading DIR EXPORERS report http://www.direxplorers.com/dir-cave-diving/12994-dos-pisos-video.html they experimented with SARTEK LED LIGHTS

video under http://www.joehesketh.com/2012/01/dos-pisos/

led1000VWbig_medium.jpg

http://www.sarind.com/proddetail.php?prod=LED10000VW ...... and this baby costs alone Price: $1575.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
that is serius buisness :crackup::poof: ! not our toys for few €/$

josb

Newly Enlightened
:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup: $ 1575,-
One thousand five hundred seventy-five

And therefore you ONLY get the Light head :banghead:

It's time to start something professional overhere, what will it be??
For about ¤ $ 200,- material, $ 1300,- for the idea and $ 75,- to send it worldwide

Hahahahahaha

Codiak

Enlightened
Considering the limited market and warrenty issues, that price isn't more wacked than many of the HIDs from the various vendors.

This is what free markets are for and about... if they can sell them at that price more power too them...

jspeybro

Enlightened
120W, 10000lm => I'm guessing 11x XML, that's not even 100€, ok, maybe if you have to make the PCB. add to that a 3A driver that can drive 11 xmls, won't be cheap, but you coulld perhaps add a few drivers to split the load (enough space I'd say), that's maybe another 100€. housing, seems pretty basic. the eo-cord is not cheap, but I'm still not over 350-400€ max. That's a nice profit on such a light.
off course they need to pay for the design of custom electronics, uber-expensive latest greatest LED technogogy which was designed for space applications and got ripped off by the maker of the housings :naughty:

Klem

Enlightened
Such is the case with high-end dive lights...You either go to the effort yourself for a fraction of the cost, or pay big for someone else to make it.

Time is money and we don't include out time, or added costs such as insurance, advertising, business incidentals, or fixed costs such as machinery and tooling. On top of that you need to make a reasonable profit.

When diving people ask me how much my torches cost and straight away they are amazed. Then they ask you to make one for them. That's when time gets added and it changes everything.

We make things other people can't afford.

Last edited:

lucca brassi

Enlightened
120W, 10000lm => I'm guessing 11x XML,

personal I think that this is much more simple head as something that because it simple don't have enough space for something like that .. more close some SST-90 in series and step-up driver but also not doubt....

I think that inside is cluster led like they use for street lightning.

arek98

Enlightened
Agreed with Lucca. Probably something like Citizen CLL040-1818A1. They are bright, efficient and cheap. I bought one for less than $50 and I was buying just one piece.
$500 for such head would be too much. $1575 is just outrageous.

Codiak

Enlightened
They aren't alone http://www.nocturnallights.com/video-lights/keldan-luna-4-v-led-video-light.html

I
n marketing and sales, the worst thing you can do is under value your product.

Regardless of how much we "believe" these to be overly priced, if the price is in fact too high people will not purchase them.
Remember we're judging the value based on our understanding of the build processes.
For someone how doesn't own a lathe, mill, know how to solder, buy o-rings or even take pleasure in building things there is likely some interest.

For those who truly think the prices a ripoffs, sounds like you have a great business opertunity undercutting these prices with your own designs.

I just love free enterprise

lucca brassi

Enlightened
In marketing and sales, the worst thing you can do is under value your product.

fully agree ... just you have to find someone to buy product ... but not someone from rec divers but from pros and then you may get reputation.

@arek98 may I ask from where you get that led , thanks (add to library)

betti154

Enlightened
The sartek kit is nice stuff and whilst, $1575 is a chunk of money I don't thinking this is unreasonable given the small market.

This light head is marketed at tec divers using e/o based cabling systems, and everything e/o based is expensive as hell (justified or not). Even the cables are way too expensive in my opinion, but they're a proprietary part and you have no choice but to pay if you want to play.

The point made about pricing a product too low is also very relevant . Look at mangrove lights by aditech, nice stuff and well priced but the market looked at these with a lot of suspicion. They guys had the latest technology offered to the market but not many would trust it because it looked too good to be true (myself included).

I was going to buy the sartek head a while back but instead invested in a lathe, electronics kit, etc... And spent a lot of time in r&d. I enjoy the latter so don't value this, but like someone said once you factor labour into a light price it gets stupid very quickly.

The lumen output vs cost that people get on this forum is voodoo too most. That's what people are paying for.

arek98

Enlightened
I have it connected to Hyperboost, just for testing now. Powered by old 18V laptop power supply. I don't have access to lathe, so I need to figure out housing especialy that it will need canister.
I wanted CLL040-1818A1-503M1A2 (5000K 80 CRI) but I eneded up getting one CLL040-1818A1-303M1A2 (3000K, paid little less than $50) and CLL040-1218A1-50KL1A1 (5000K 65 CRI, paid less than $30 - it has less individual LEDs 18 strings, 12 LEDs each as oposed to 18 with 18 LEDs)
I'm planing to run it around 50W as video light. For CLL040-1818A1-503M1A2 this is about 50V Vf and 1A drive current (about 6000 lumens output). For CLL040-1218A1-50KL1A1 it will be about 38V Vf and about 1.3A drive current (probably about 6500 lumens).

I sill can't decide on battery pack voltage. 4 Li-Ions seems good for flexibility (can be used for other lights with buck driver - e.g., H6Flex), also battery space sells boards that can be used to monitor and charge batteries (charging may be done using regular DC power supply). On the other hand for efficiency input voltage would be better if it was closer to Vf.

Last edited: