Compact, Folding Plug, 5v 2amp Power Supply...?

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are compact, folding plug USB power supplies with integrated cable rated for up to one amp, but I cannot find one good for up to two amps. I am trying to find a 5v power supply that is:

-compact
-has folding/collapsible blades
-rated for up to one amp
-has an attached cable

I do not want one that has a USB jack on it. That means I need to carry an extra cable. Also, with a cable, I can always swap the plug to something else; with a jack, I am stuck.

The only one I can find is the Xentris model, but:

1) That one is rather large.
2) I don't think it is simply a power supply...the description mentions something about overcharge protection. I don't want a charger, I just want a power supply—I'll let the electronics on my end deal with the power as it sees fit.

Has anyone seen one?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Similar thread here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After going through way too many pages on e-Bay/Google and painstakingly eliminating those products which either

a) made claim to be being a charger, and not simply a power supply

and/or

b) had fixed plugs,

I arrived at only one product which

a) is only a power supply
b) has folding prongs
c) can supply up to three amps
d) isn't huge

That product is PI Electronics Model AD3230, also known as HP / Compaq Model 281855-001, rated for 120 through 240 volts so you can use it anywhere in the world with a simple mechanical adapter.

You can use the stock 1.3mm barrel plug (center positive) if it suits your application, or, snip it off and solder on your plug of choice. So far, this is the only product that meets all the criteria as outlined above. I will continue to search for a second adapter that meets all the requirements, and add it if found. If you find something, please don't hesitate to post it and I'll add it here.

One note: e-Bay sellers want ten or fifteen dollars for these. In my opinion, that is way too high for something like this. Have patience, and find it for half those prices. :)

Last edited: