How do you keep spare batteries with you?

buds224

Enlightened
I like to keep spare batteries with me and have been looking for a nice case or pouch to carry a combination of CR123 and AA batteries. Any suggestions?

Wrend

Enlightened
Pockets, especially jacket pockets.

I'm thinking about getting a leather satchel though, since I often have a number of things with me (cell phone, Swiss Army Knife, flashlight, calculator, office documents and mail, batteries, and so on). They add up, and I run out of pocket room.

I'm not too fond of the belt looped pouches. They tend to get in the way, and don't hold enough.

Last edited:

buds224

Enlightened
I agree with you about the belt looped pouches. I'm trying to figure a way to carry batteries with me without fear of damaging them, or accidental contact. I like my batteries to be as clean as possible when loading them into my lights. Leather satchel sounds good. If you find a nice one, please let me know.

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Countycomm, Uniquetitanium, and Oveready have nice capsules for batteries...Robert.

GRunner

Newly Enlightened
Hello Everyone,

I carry 2 spare 123 batteries in my coat pocket. I use kitchen plastic wrap to keep them together, clean and unalbe to contact anything. I cut the wrap about an inch wider than the batteries - I roll one battery for two revolutions - then put the other battery next to it and roll the two batteries about 5 more times together. I then fold the ends down. It stays in my pocket with a bunch of other stuff and has been no problem. Sometimes an end will unfold and I thought of putting a rubber band around it but so far I just haven't had too. I hope this helps.

buds224

Enlightened
Hello Everyone,

I carry 2 spare 123 batteries in my coat pocket. I use kitchen plastic wrap to keep them together, clean and unalbe to contact anything. I cut the wrap about an inch wider than the batteries - I roll one battery for two revolutions - then put the other battery next to it and roll the two batteries about 5 more times together. I then fold the ends down. It stays in my pocket with a bunch of other stuff and has been no problem. Sometimes an end will unfold and I thought of putting a rubber band around it but so far I just haven't had too. I hope this helps.

Hmmmm, that actually makes me think it might be a good idea to get some mini zip-lock baggies for my primaries. That's a cheap solution and I can prepackage all my batteries for a Grab n Go kinda deal. Thanks for the idea! I'd get the more expensive ones, that Robert mentioned, for my rechargeable batteries.

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another option is using the Pill Fobs at the drug store, walmart, etc. Although these are usually just good for cr123 or cr2 size batteries.....Robert.

emsmom

Newly Enlightened
I carry my spare batteries in the cheap plastic cases. Not the best looking option, but they are safe and secure and the case works:)