I ignored the bad vibes, ordered... and now I'm being given the run-around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashlight Enthusiast
update

I am now getting the run-around.

what Rob doesn't know is I have an office in Bracknell, and I am more than
happy to fly out there, and work a few days from Bracknell, then take
a skip out east and get my money back in person.

Last edited:

customizerwannabe

Newly Enlightened
Glad I looked here before ordering from the website. Hope you get your money back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Norm

Retired Administrator
Re: Please edit your thread title

Your thread title was unsuitable for a family forum, please edit. - Norm

JMP

Enlightened
Re: Please edit your thread title

lol. maybe you should do some research before you buy something. Let us know how you 'work' trips makes out. Good luck!

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered, and expected the best, ignored the bad vibes....

lol. maybe you should do some research before you buy something. Let us know how you 'work' trips makes out. Good luck!

I did the research and saw mixed results, so I sez I want a wee, let me try to get one.

we'll see. if 3 weeks from now I do not have what I ordered in hand, I will sic VISA on him...I won't wait
more than 3 weeks., since he said via email to me I have it in stock and will sent it. Now i get a story....

when I sic VISA on him (if I have to) I'll get my loot back you're darn tootin I will. otherwise I will be a new Wee owner.

I am still going to Bracknell regardless, to do 2 weeks of work. when, is up to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I ordered, and expected the best, ignored the bad vibes....

I remember your original post in the Lummi thread where you were warned by others about his past behaviour but decided to order anyways. I don't personally don't have a lot of sympathy and I doubt many others will either.

To be honest, the topic of Rob and his lights has been beaten to death around here so I don't see this thread lasting too long.

fortean101

Newly Enlightened
I also read your comment in the other thread my initial thoughts were good luck! Then I presumed that if rob was viewing the thread maybe he would use your order to show that he can ship things quickly... Well it seems not. I am sure you will get the light but not in the time frame you are hoping for. I have bought an item from him and it took 6 months to get to me! Emails were promptly answered but usually making excuses, lovely flashlights though.

Flashlight Enthusiast

well, I am not gonna wait 6 months for that. I do not need to fund peoples backorders or whatever. there are worldwide rules
of being a human being when trade is involved, and that is honesty. If he'd say, well, it will be 6 months, you still want to pay ?
that would be better than hemming and hawing. I am taking it to VISA disputes and that will be that. he has 3 weeks
to send me what he took my money for and get it in my hands, or VISA will investigate my dispute. If I get a new Wee unblemished as
shown [he has tens of pictures on his web site] and a paypal pay system set up for...I have no problems.

hells bells I am about to open my wallet for another custom maker here on CF, and he immediately got back to me
and said, you know this is going to take 2 or 3 months before I even start on it. I said no worries mate !

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast

I remember your original post in the Lummi thread where you were warned by others about his past behaviour but decided to order anyways. I don't personally don't have a lot of sympathy and I doubt many others will either.

To be honest, the topic of Rob and his lights has been beaten to death around here so I don't see this thread lasting too long.

not looking for sympathy. I deal with people daily who have FAR more invested in 'problems' than 100 bucks and change for a flashlight. but hey
I saw his website, figured this would be a cool gift, some people get them some people don't...so I spun the wheel.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am still going to Bracknell regardless, to do 2 weeks of work.

I live in Bracknell. You may want to cut your visit down to one week if possible. You'll have the time to do the work, it's not like you will be going out enjoying yourself in the evening...

Last edited:

Vesper

Enlightened

Please read all sticky threads and warnings in this forum BEFORE engaging in a business transaction with Orb.
The owner and administrators of CPF do not support or condone the poor business practices that have been displayed by this manufacturer.
CPF is not and will not be responsible for or get involved in any transactions that take place or have taken place between individuals and this manufacturer.

With all the flashligh options out there... why spin this wheel???

Flashlight Enthusiast

because

this guy ORB has a mint little light, and I want a new one

if he could get his crap together and become reliable, he could get a nice
big income from those things

Norm

Retired Administrator

I really wonder why someone would knowingly ignore all the warnings and then open a thread complaining about getting the runaround from Lummi.

Norm

Flashlight Enthusiast

if this is a concern,
on the flipside, and I wonder why you still have a forum open for posting, dedicated to this seller ?

if the forum is open, expect posts.

my intent was: get a wee. read the threads. ALL of them. I see some people get them, some don't.

My intent was to post up my results, so that anyone else can see 'what happens with Lummi' in 2012, has his act changed or not ?
my intent was to help others. I am not whining. I am posting my results and if the product doesn't arrive, I will post what I do next.

this is commerce, and there are things to do if you don't want hard-earned dollars locked up in someone else's bank account.
waiting many months on end does not fix the problem. either you get the product, or remove the ability of the seller to keep
accepting funds for non-existent product. VISA will only allow this to happen so many times. Now is the time for Lummi to actually
do what they say they will do, or shut down the ability to use credit cards for purchases and get him off the grid, and off paypal.

I am not saying that if he messes with me, he messed with the wrong person, but I am saying if he messes with me, he did
mess with the wrong person, because I know what to do. remove his ability to accept funds, and I know how to do that.

I did not come to CPF to knock Lummi. I picked up a Fenix E11 and was blown away at how LED lights have improved
in the last 5 years. So I researched and started poking around here...and 1 month later I have spent over $1000.00
with vendors who advertise here and other LED suppliers. I have picked up over 22 different lights from 10 dollar to 140
dollar ones. and now I have over 22 trits in the mail. One of the lights I saw, was that Wee, and I read the threads and am quite frankly amazed at how tolerant people have been with Lummi. So, if people are tolerating Lummi, that must mean the lights
are not vaporware, so I wanted to order one. I will post up 'how Lummi treats new customers in 2012' so that others can know,
did his act change, is his act the same, is it worse, what happens ??' that is all.

edit: make that over $1400.00 spent on lights in 1.5 months

why ? I am a mountain bike racer, and everyone I know spends time in the woods in the dark. I haz good bike lights,
and good flashlights. I also have a cabin deep in the woods at the top of a canyon, and every few weeks 'the boys' all get away from the girls and have jam sessions and drink some brew, have bonfires, and general innocent responsible mayhem.
good lighting is needed to walk the mile into and out of the woods to get to the 'Manor'. anyhow...I am handing out lights as gifts, getting some for myself, basically gone a little ape with lighting recently. but holding up funds -really- ticks me off.

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have nothing but nice things to say about my January 2012 transaction

got the light with trits and the charger in under 3 weeks, no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.