Olight
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Foursevens Preon P0

Default Re: Foursevens Preon P0

swissbianco owns a copy already! he bought one at the SHOT and loves it since.

this looks so promising, i have an E05, and sometimes wished it has a lower mode.

but those stated runtimes are horrble, i hope its a typo. going to have to wait on its verdict before trying it out.
    *Image removed - WAY too big!!

The runtimes are indeed terrible. I know nothing about making a light efficient, but I can't believe 4Sevens couldn't do better.

Flashaholic*

The runtimes are prob on the alkalines that the light are sold with. Ansi rules or something. I remeber something similar in anoter quark thread just after 4sevens started with ansi messurement. Everyone got conserned about the runtimes on the newest s2 versions. The new s2 versions had "less" lumens and less runtimes than the old r5. The spec said so, but in reality they just had to start following other rules to put the word "ansi" on the box i guess.

I hate to say this but I see nothing in this light that appeals to me. I have A Revo on two keychains and they have been fantastic lights. My wife has a Fenix E05 that I got for $5 less than this light. Maybe I'm missing the attraction of this light but it almost looks obsolete.

Flashaholic*

The attraction is it's size, current regulated, simple two modes. But mostly it's size. My DQG just dissapear in my keychain and i just love the size. Got lots of different aaa lights, but stopped using them all when i got my tiny DQG. I cant say that the DQG is better than my liteflux lf2xt, univex, or other lights, but it's smaller, a lot smaller. So it bumped every aaa light i got off the keychain.. It's going on a keychain so imo it's better off without (pocket eating)knurling. Im pretty shure i'll like the P0 just as mutch as i like the DQG.

jorn, please let us know in a detailed comparison which one you like more, the DQG or the P0. Runtimes arent very important, but the actual perceived brightness (the power to illuminate things in close and medium distance), beam pattern and tint.

maybe most of all, tint.

Flashaholic*

it is had some aggressive knurling (or just strips of it) just like Thrunite Ti do I'd get some

looks too slippy to operate one-handed with cold bare hand
    Thrunites dig right in and easy to operate even with a dry sticky O ring

I already have one, I got mine at SHOT
    It's a nice little light.
    I ordered a whole bunch of 4sevens stuff at SHOT and it was at the house before I was.
    In god we trust.........all others are suspects
    There are no problems in life that can not be solved with high explosives or small arms
    Too many new lights to list

Enlightened

I played with this thing at the SHOT show 4Sevens dinner as well as in the booth - an extremely quality piece in my opinion! I will be picking one up for the GF to have on her keyring. Will be interesting to see what the runtimes are like on a nice NiMh.

Flashaholic

Just one concern, my car key has a chip in it and the manual says to keep away from strong magnetic fields. Is the magnet on the light really strong? I would hate to ruin my key.
    Need...... more...... lights!

Quote Originally Posted by madecov View Post
    I already have one, I got mine at SHOT
    nobody is willing to describe the beam (beam pattern and TINT)

Quote Originally Posted by my#1hobby View Post
    Just one concern, my car key has a chip in it and the manual says to keep away from strong magnetic fields. Is the magnet on the light really strong? I would hate to ruin my key.
    Dang, why would they put a magnet on a keychain light?

Quote Originally Posted by shelm View Post
    nobody is willing to describe the beam (beam pattern and TINT)
    Pure flood with almost no hot spot. Tint on mine is nice, slightly warm
    In god we trust.........all others are suspects
    There are no problems in life that can not be solved with high explosives or small arms
    Too many new lights to list

I kind of consider the magnet a selling point (or for me a buying point). I've glued magnets to the ends of three or four lights. This saves me some work. I do try to not carry one next to a credit card, and neither is one on my keychain.

Geoff

Flashaholic*

Well I've got one purchased. I think this will bump my Preon 1 HCRI off of EDC rotation I think it'll be headed for the marketplace. I have mainly used low and it's been too high for me and medium will be fine for most other tasks. If I need brighter one of my other 3 lights I usually carry should do the trick.
    My Lights: EDC; Nitecore EC1, ZLSC52, Quark Mini AAW, Preon P2
    Duty; Mag Recharger, Malkoff MD2 w/M60, C2 Bored w/LX2 clip Malkof M61 219

Once I see a review I think I'll get a couple! I like this concept.

Cheers

Flashaholic*

What got me finally to order was nutnfancy just put up his 4Sevens/foursevens shot show booth review and in it there was a better look at the light. The tint seemed a little on the warm side and the beam was smooth. The low was still visible on a hand at 5~ inches or so under shot show lights and the high was a good choice for me for his type of light so I had to at least try one out. If I don't like it it wasn't a hugely expensive light and I should have no problem selling it in the marketplace. If I like it there will be several bought over the next year for presents.

http://m.youtube.com/?rdm=4pauejozx&...jA&view=videos

Flashaholic*

Nice video. your link is for mobile phones btw.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucrqc1MQXjA
    The p0 is 18 min into the vid.
    Asperic lense tuned for full flood (something like the old zebra's). Reminded me of the DQG, even got the glow stuff and magnet
    Seems like a alu version would have been too thin walled.

Flashaholic*

Sorry about the mobile link I didn't realize it. Thanks for fixing it. Yeah similar to the DQG for sure but I like the levels on this better. Yeah I heard where David mentioned aluminum would be too thin. I also like the idea of a a 2 CR123 mini.

Flashaholic*

I don't know about the levels since i got no asperic (all flood) light with so lo level yet. My zebra h30 low mode is 2 lumen with a all even flood beam. It's extremely wide and feels kind of dim compared with lights with a more consentrated beam and a hotspot. But from the vid, the P0 seems to be spot on for me in terms of brightness levels and "tinyness" Hoping for a future neutral run

The magnet and lovely looking beam has done it for me, just ordered one.
    Last edited by Burntrice; 01-22-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Am I out of the loop or what? Watching the video, Nutnfancy was talking to David like 4Sevens was going to consider making a custom headlamp for him or an improved design of the Fenix. It was funny because David was looking like, "okkkkkkkkkk yeah sureeeeeeeeeee" about doing some one off custom light for some guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper715 View Post
    What got me finally to order was nutnfancy just put up his 4Sevens/foursevens shot show booth review and in it there was a better look at the light. The tint seemed a little on the warm side and the beam was smooth. The low was still visible on a hand at 5~ inches or so under shot show lights and the high was a good choice for me for his type of light so I had to at least try one out. If I don't like it it wasn't a hugely expensive light and I should have no problem selling it in the marketplace. If I like it there will be several bought over the next year for presents.

http://m.youtube.com/?rdm=4pauejozx&...jA&view=videos

Flashaholic*

I know that 4Sevens did a special run of pink Preon 1's for PFI dudes web store which is for nutnfancy. Past that I don't know. I think nutnfancy is just a little different and it's gar to know how to take him.

so the aspheric lens is actual glass and no plastic (polycarbonate) lens?

( if i drop the thing from 7 feet (incl. my keys), what will break first? and if something breaks by such a drop, is it covered by 10yrs performance guarantee warranty policy or what )

Honestly, I really dislike the look of the Preon PO but I ordered one anyway, together with the tactical pen. Just got to keep supporting 4sevens for what they are doing for us. I know that if I don't like it, I could always give it away as a gift.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Video review from swissbianco

Click Here to view my lights

looks like a ~160° flood. perfect!!
    i also like the green tint because it is a beautiful green and you cant decide if it's actually a blue tint and not the ... greenish tint of an xpg or xml.

i think the tint is called turquoise
    !!!
    Last edited by shelm; 01-22-2012 at 02:46 PM.

I like the GITD reflector a lot. The price is good. But I wish the magnet was optional, or at least easily removable. I know I don't want my keychain light sticking to everything else in my pockets. And I've never had the need to stick my light on anything yet. I'll stick with my ReVo for now.
    gbelleh