new guy intro

bhds

Enlightened
I stumbled upon this site 4 days ago. My first thought was "you have got to be s------- me!" I could not believe that there was a bunch of people out there collecting, making, and "hotrodding" flashlights! Well needless to say I have spent waaay too many hours on this site since then. Stopped by a local gun store this afternoon and bought a surefire G2 and a E1. Was tempted to get an E2 but $100+ for a couple flashlights was enough for the first day!

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

bhds,

Welcome to CPF! To make this easier and far less painful, simply e-mail me your credit card info. I'll take special care to make sure you stay within your budget! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome Bhds!!

Well, it takes one to know one and great minds think alike... but then again, Fools seldom do differ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Thats why we're all here!!

Good start to your collection too... G2 and E1 are nice to have. Guess you should've gotten the E2 as well, then with a KL1 LED, you can interchange it between the E2 and E1 anytime you want!

Spend a couple more hours and you'd probably be ripping apart some of your lights to mod them yourself!! Enjoy your stay here, and don't forget our CPF (unofficial) motto: "Buy em Both!!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
TACTICAL WAREHOUSE said:
bhds,

Welcome to CPF! To make this easier and far less painful, simply e-mail me your credit card info. I'll take special care to make sure you stay within your budget! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL... you're a dangerous guy to be around, Dan...

GeoffChan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
TACTICAL WAREHOUSE said:
bhds,

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

I shouldn't of given Dan my credit card info.

Geoff

bhds

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Stanley said:
Welcome Bhds!!

Well, it takes one to know one and great minds think alike... but then again, Fools seldom do differ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Thats why we're all here!!

Good start to your collection too... G2 and E1 are nice to have. Guess you should've gotten the E2 as well, then with a KL1 LED, you can interchange it between the E2 and E1 anytime you want!

Spend a couple more hours and you'd probably be ripping apart some of your lights to mod them yourself!! Enjoy your stay here, and don't forget our CPF (unofficial) motto: "Buy em Both!!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I know, I know! Guy at the store gave me the 2003 Surefire catalog. Been sitting here reading and trying to get all the different conversion kits straight in my head. Hmmm. according to the index in the back I can use a kl3 and kl5 on my g2 but the e1 only accepts the kl1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chengiz

Enlightened
BHDS,

Sit down, strap in, and hold on. These people are amazing here. Go to a get together and you will be absolutely blown away. All I could do was gawk like a country bumpkin. The G2 is a very good flashlight. Hang in here and you will upgrade it as soon as you get the spare parts. It's not a hobby, it's an addiction. Fortunately I don't have a technical bone in my body. They can't lure me to the light side.

Welcome aboard! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan may be dangerous but he is the most liked dangerous guy we know best place around for good deals on lights. WELCOME bhds. Our motto is buy them both and paypal sent.Face it as soon as you entered this well lighted room your credit cards soul was grabbed by Dan at Tactical warehouse and Kevin at The Battery Station. Have fun BTW the E1e will also accept the KL4 65 lumen led bezel too. Heh Heh Heh

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome Bhds! I see you have begun the learning process, and have already learned that there are better flashlights than what is commonly found in retail stores. That is pretty much how all of us got started on the road to flashaholism: not satisfied with common junky consumer flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You will see the cutting edge in flashlight technology in the Modders forum. Things are done there, long before they show up in commercial form by companies like Surefire and others. The Modders forum is the proving ground for new technology, as well as for some very fine limited productions by these very talented individuals. Mods also include accessories for commercial flashlights.

You might as well make CPF your home page now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
WELCOME /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

I haven't been here ALL THAT long, and yet I have over 100 lights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

Ask about any light that catches your eye, and SOMEBODY here can tell you ALL about it!

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
bhds,
Welcome. Your next buys should be an E2e and a KL1 head. When you get the itch, you can mod the KL1. Great way to start and with what you already have, you'll have many bases covered. Oh, let's not forget the L4.

Hey, that's what you should get, an L4. The KL4 will work on the E1 body as well. Is that an E1 or E1e that you got? If it's an E1e, you could take the bezel and use it on the L4 body with an MN03 bulb for a pretty bright incand. that is pocketable.

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
bhds,
Welcome. No turning back now. You will be finding yourself praying for darkness to fall. It is also mandatory to buy a backup for your backup's backup light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

and don't let Chengiz fool you with the "I'm not technical" stuff. He carries more E-tronics than all the president's men and multi-tasks bigtime. He also has plenty of hi-tek lights... Right Chengiz ?

But then you will too very soon.... Got beam shots yet?

bhds

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Chop said:
bhds,
Welcome. Your next buys should be an E2e and a KL1 head. When you get the itch, you can mod the KL1. Great way to start and with what you already have, you'll have many bases covered. Oh, let's not forget the L4.

Hey, that's what you should get, an L4. The KL4 will work on the E1 body as well. Is that an E1 or E1e that you got? If it's an E1e, you could take the bezel and use it on the L4 body with an MN03 bulb for a pretty bright incand. that is pocketable.

[/ QUOTE ]

aaahhg crap! I am getting so friggin confused. I have the plain E1 which is not shown in the index at the back of my 2003 surefire catalog? The only head available is the kl1 according to the catalog. kl4 is listed only for the e2e. Cant find any reference to the kl4 on the website? etc etc.
I am already leaning towards a smaller+brighter=better mentality/fetish /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I would love to get the e2 power crammed into the e1. That would be some serious WOW!

Latest posts