007 XM-L

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys.

Just received my Spy 007 XM-L SW GG version from Dave a couple of days ago and thought it worthy of a post!

First of all, it took just 7 days to get to me in deepest darkest Suffolk in the UK all the way from Pennsylvania USA and that was including customs clearance and payment of duties this side.
All done with simple, cheap, USPS Express mail. Just goes to show how fast and easy international shipping can be when it's done right.

Now the SPY;

LED:
OK I expected the xl-m to be a bright little led at 3000mA but I wasn't ready for quite how bright. The amount of light coming out of such a little package is simply stunning!

Gunners grip:
Fantastic! It provides the perfect grip and looks great, an excellent bit of machining.

Stone wash:
This really, really changes the whole light for me. First of all I'm not normally a fan of 'artificial ageing' but to me this light in stone wash has some great advantages.
The main one being that I am not afraid to use or mark the light as it's already 'marked' and any more marks I put on it will just add more character! I know that sounds daft but this light has already become my current EDC and the stone wash finish has a lot to do with that.

So, it has got every light output you are ever likely to need plus 'show of' mode. Great battery life in 'normal' use. I don't mind using it due to the stone wash and won't drop it anyway because of the Gunners Grip!

Perfect!

Thank you Dave.

0072k.png

Quick and dirty iPhone pic

Last edited:

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my regular 007 XML - is the factory version programmed to 3A on default setting on highest ? It didnt seem overdriven....

mohan

Sent from my ViewPad7 using Tapatalk

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 007 xl-m

I got my regular 007 XML - is the factory version programmed to 3A on default setting on highest ? It didnt seem overdriven....

mohan

Sent from my ViewPad7 using Tapatalk

Mohan,

No, it has to be programmed to 3A. You will also need 16340's to get 3A :thumbsup:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think you may need the IMR 16340's.
I have the regular RCR123 and it seems to drive the light at 1500 no problem, but it's hard to tell if it is pushing it properly when I have it cranked to 3,000.
I can't wait for Dave to finish up my SWGG Version.
My luck it will arrive at my office while I am away for a weeks holiday.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK I reprogrammed it - hard to see the difference past 2.3amps even with IMR. I suppose I will have to dig the lux meter out and do the ceiling bounce...

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh I love this light. The more I use it the more I love it!

Dave, when I have finished showing off at 3 amps, what's the highest setting that you would recommend for continuous use?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh I love this light. The more I use it the more I love it!

Dave, when I have finished showing off at 3 amps, what's the highest setting that you would recommend for continuous use?

3A. :devil: Really, I leave mine at 3000mA. This thing is meant to be pushed. However, I realize most people do not go out and smoke the tires on their brand new sports car. I get asked this question all the time so it is time to answer here on the forum. If you put it at 2000mA it will be easier on the batteries and the electronics and the emitter and still be super bright.

Cheers
Dave

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
3A. :devil: Really, I leave mine at 3000mA. This thing is meant to be pushed. However, I realize most people do not go out and smoke the tires on their brand new sports car. I get asked this question all the time so it is time to answer here on the forum. If you put it at 2000mA it will be easier on the batteries and the electronics and the emitter and still be super bright.

Cheers
Dave

LOL I sort of expected that reply :devil:

Thanks Dave, I'll spin the wheels another couple of times and then be sensible :thumbsup:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one slot that I like, the first 3 setting are default, then the last 3 are
750, 1500, 3000.
750 is more than bright enough, 1500 is very bright, and 3000 is just for fun. Lights up a large portion of the soccer field I walk the dogs near. ;)

But other times, I go back where my high is only 1300.
Oh the choices.
Just waiting for a cool white to see how much more punch that has over my neutral.