Need help finding a replacement charger.

glendayle

Newly Enlightened
I have a diehard portable power 1150 as an emergency jumper pack for my car. Thing works great except that I have lost the ac adapter for it. Need help figuring out what to buy to replace my misplaced wall adapter. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help. Here is the link to the product page as well. It doesn't appear that they sell the charger independently. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02871988000P?intcmp=xsite_DieHard I have an Igo laptop charger with several tips. I found one that fits, and when I plugged it in, the jumper pack worked, but I think this is waaay to much charge power for it and it didn't act normal so I unplugged it very quickly. The laptop charger says it is 90 watts. On the product page, it says, "
With the use of the fast 1000mA wall charger, the internal circuitry recharges the internal 22Ah DieHard® AGM battery then switches to float-mode monitoring so full power is available when you need it!" It also says that it includes a "1000ma wall charger". I'm pretty new to understanding the loads and so forth of electronics, so please help me figure out the correct thing.

Here is the port.
43b6f2a6-8543-9214.jpg

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
look like you just need a 15v 1.0amp + wallwart to me (with center pin +, which is normal). It is possible a 12v 1amp will work with it but may not charge as fast. have you contacted sears parts dept they sometimes can get parts for stuff otherwise you may have to look at thrift stores or a radio shack or something as 15v 1 amp wallwarts are not a cheaply found common size.

glendayle

Newly Enlightened
Is this simply a metric conversion as far as amps vs ma? I.E. 1 amp = 1000 ma?

glendayle

Newly Enlightened
I've got a million old charges laying around. I found one that is a 15V 1A, but it doesn't have a tip that fits. I do however have a couple of tip ends that fit. I think I may pull out the soldering iron and shrink wrap and use one of these good but old charges instead of buying another one.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I've got a million old charges laying around. I found one that is a 15V 1A, but it doesn't have a tip that fits. I do however have a couple of tip ends that fit. I think I may pull out the soldering iron and shrink wrap and use one of these good but old charges instead of buying another one.
that would work, just as long as you get the inner tip the right polarity. If you tried to buy one in the stores you would be lucky to get under $20. If you do use this one I would closely monitor it the first time you use it so in case it happens to have problems you could unplug it (for safety reasons). If it works well then you are set.

Last edited: