SHOT Show 2012: Surefire 'New Products'

jellydonut

Enlightened
SureFire 2012 new products video

SureFire Booth (SS2012) product tour video

SureFire's Stuart Yager (SS2012 Jan 18th) video clip

Here is the list from the video:

UM2 Ultra (6-setting selector ring, TIR, 500 lumens)
ZM2 CombatLight (CombatGrip, TIR, 500 lumens)
DM2 Defender (Crenelated "Strike Bezel", TIR, 500 lumens)
P2X-B-BK Fury (Dual-Output 15/500 lumens, reflector) [RELEASED]

LX2 Ultra (assume two-stage push button pressure switch TailCap, two-way PocketClip, TIR, ??/500 lumens)
EB1 (Dual-Output ??/200 lumens, TIR, two-way PocketClip)

UDR Dominator (11-setting selector ring, rechargeable, reflector, 2000 lumens)
UBR Invictus (11-setting selector ring, 4-Function TailCap, rechargeable, TIR, 800 lumens)
UNR Commander (6-setting selector ring, 4-Function TailCap, rechargeable, TIR, 800 lumens)
UN3 Commander (6-setting selector ring, two-stage push button pressure switch, CombatGrip, three-SF123, TIR, 800 lumens)
R1 Lawman (Head & TailCap switching, rechargeable [two-SF123A w/ tray], reflector, 700 lumens)
R2 Lawman (Head & TailCap switching, rechargeable only, reflector, 700 lumens?)

SureFire's proposed new lithium ion rechargeable battery body used by the UBR, UNR and R1 looks set to feature a bespoke [proprietary] removable lithium ion battery pack. It is so-shaped with a contacts tab/tongue that it will only fit and function in the battery body it is designed for. SureFire will also be offering a "lithium battery magazine" (cradle) for a pair of SF123As that can be used instead of the Li-Ion battery pack.
The UDR will have a lithium battery magazine for twelve SF123As in addition to it's proprietary removable lithium ion battery pack.

There is a socket for a plug-in (12V DC) power cable in the side of the body towards it's forward end near the fuel-gauge.

V1 Vampire (white/IR selectable output, TIR, two-stage TailCap, two-way PocketClip)
IR1 Illuminator (IR output, TIR, two-stage TailCap, two-way PocketClip)

2211 WristLight (200 lumens / 1hr, rechargeable via USB, accelerometer for hands-free) pic pic w/ timepiece pic of 3
S.A.L. Angle-Head Light (500 lumens white light, white and red secondary LEDs, programmable)

X400-GN (250 lumen, TIR, Green Laser Sight) pic
X400-IR (250? lumen white? light TIR, IR Laser Sight)
X300 Ultra (500 lumen white light, TIR)

M300V (Mini ScoutLight with Vampire white/IR selectable output TIR bezel [like V1])

M500LT, M900LT, M900L pic & M962LT (700 lumen TurboHead, TIR)

MVG (2000 lumen vertical foregrip WeaponLight) pic

ISIS pic

We can update this list with the 2012 catalog specs in due course....

Last edited by a moderator:

Viper715

Enlightened
Nice!!! Looks like my wallet is getting thinner this year. I'm liking the L1R, that wrist light thing and the lawman. And the update to the E1B the EB1 is a welcome one.

freeride21a

Newly Enlightened
Re: Surefire New Products 2012

Welp.. I was wondering what I would eventually replace my LX 2 with.. now I know.. LX2 Ultra!

I have a Fury on the way already, been back-ordered since Dec 27th at BJ. I hate waiting lol.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

nothing on the site yet it appears, but thanks for the 'sneak peek'!

edit: the UNR rechargeable series makes me think "unrechargeable" haha

edit2: a wrist light... nice! 200 lumens ain't bad assuming that thing isn't ungainly huge

Last edited:

trbofrek

Newly Enlightened
New surefire products of 2012 video?

Hi not sure if this has been posted up yet but heres a new video from surefire showing their new line up of products!

freeride21a

Newly Enlightened

Yeah, my guess is the video release coincides with SHOT show, which starts tomorrow in Vegas. Where they show all the new cool awesome flashlights they are not going to ever make.

nothing on the site yet it appears, but thanks for the 'sneak peek'!

edit: the UNR rechargeable series makes me think "unrechargeable" haha

edit2: a wrist light... nice! 200 lumens ain't bad assuming that thing isn't ungainly huge

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast

500 Surefire lumens out of a TIR should generate alot of interest in these lights. I would spectulate a XML. I hope that SF brings the most of these into production. The EB1 definitely has my interest.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast

Where they show all the new cool awesome flashlights they are not going to ever make.

Yep, it's that time of year again.:)

If it were another manufacturer, we would accuse them of blatantly displaying more vaporware. Of course, since it is SF, usual excuses will apply, they can't keep up with demand, it's a small mom and pop company, PK is a genius and perfection can't be hurried, prices are high to fund even more new products, CPF is not the primary market demographic, what do we know?

I'm not trying to be negative but we have been down this false path with exciting new SF product announcements in years past.

Still, the Fury is already out, is SF changing to keep up with the times? Hope so.:thumbsup:

Looks like a lot of the lights have 500 lumen emitters. I could sure go for the U2 update. Dare I get my hopes up?

Schuey2002

Enlightened
Re: New surefire products of 2012 video?

They are coming out with a 500 Lumen version of the LX2!

Oh, Baby!!!! Me want!! :party:

johnny0000

Newly Enlightened

Oh man....all those lights makes my wallet feel lighter.:)

So along with most of these lights being vaporware, I'm sure Surefire jacked up their prices 15%. :duh2:

Size15's

Flashaholic

Plenty of new products proposed - I hope SureFire manage to release some. Personally, I hope to be able to upgrade my LX2.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great minds think alike? :D

sal.png

complete20120108.jpg

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened

Surefire must be using XM-L leds. I wonder if there will be issues with heat and a need to drop the output after a few minutes? Any thoughts ??

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I want the LX2 and the dagger!

I hope they set the LX2 at 100 and 500 lumens. Or even better, let the buy set the low setting when ordering.

If the current LX2 is $210 and the their edged weapons line starting at $180 I shudder to think what the new LX2 and dagger will cost...

Last edited: