After a maglite bezel spacer

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I'm just as confused as you are by that title.

Let me explain - I want more room in the head of my maglite. I realize that parts have been made available in the past by people like fivemega that make the bezel (with the lens included) larger. However I am more or less after a 'spacer' that sits between the bezel and the actual head of the light. About 10mm of extra room, if that. In fact there would be more thread than spacer haha.

So an extension that the bezel (and the lens) screw onto, and then that part screws onto the head.

Does that makes sense? Is anyone aware of such parts? Or am I dreaming?

Cheers,

EDIT: I'm not sure if this should be in the WTB section or here in the custom lights discussion. I do want to buy such an item, but it's not one that exists (I think).

- Matt

Last edited:

tolkaze

Enlightened
You could try a head replacement, like a turbo head but if you are looking for stock, then iirc the LED maglites have a deeper head than the incans by just a little bit

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
My goals are both aesthetic and functional...I'm after the stock look with something just a 'tad' bit different. But the extra space will be used for better cooling. I'll keep my eyes and ears open. I doubt the LED maglites deeper head is deep enough.

b-bassett

Newly Enlightened
not sure if you want the head extension to be removeable, but you could merge 2 seperate heads into one, either threaded together or a pressfit?

not sure that makes much sense, ill try to draw up a lil pic to explain
bezelextension.jpg

threads could either be ground off for press fit, or the brown part could have thread cut into it.

n.b not sure how much material is avaliable befor the head curves off?, might not make the 10mm required. also unless you remove the anno form the extension, you would have the maglite logo and stuff repeated.

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand what you mean. The spafer can be fixed to either part of the head, just as long as I can open up the head in some form or fashion. I think making a spacer myself would be fairly simple - I can get away with a press fit and glue on the bezel side which means all ill need to do is tap one side for thread.

b-bassett

Newly Enlightened
if you make the spacer out of another head, youll have no need for tapping threads,
another option would be to cut the threads off your existing head and fit a spacer piece there. ill sketch up sumthing in a sec

bezelextension-1.jpg

thsi would of course be much easier witha lathe, but i know it can be done with a dremel type grinder

Last edited:

b-bassett

Newly Enlightened
obviously this would need to be glued together?

yes, id reccomend JB weld or sumthing similar, somthing that is sandable would prob be best.

there are a few posts floating around here showing how to cut and grind the body tube using jsut a dremel, they might be helpfull to read.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
No worries. I'm still a little while off needing to do it - in fact I still need to determine if it's needed at all. But when/if I do, I'll 'report' back here lol.

Cheers.

Latest posts