Quark turbo x review?

GForGeep

Newly Enlightened
As anyone seen a turbo x review with lux I can't seem to find one and I'm itching to pull the trigger by tomorrow. Please help me if you can :)

GForGeep

Newly Enlightened
GordoJones88 said:
I haven't seen a comprehensive detailed review yet.

Quark Turbo "X" is actually around 500 lumens and 10,000 lux@1m.

By those numbers alone, I am quite impressed and I will have to purchase this light very very soon

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
yup! this is a great light! do wait for it go to on sale. Here's a screen cap of mine during the black friday sale:
quarkturboxsale.jpg

then here is the light with an AA2 tube rocking two 14500's for added runtime:
img00074201201021021.jpg

And here's my budding thrower family:
img00053201112191720.jpg

Soon to be joined by the Sunwayman T20CS and the Olight M3X which are on delivery. :)

Last edited:

GForGeep

Newly Enlightened
roadkill1109 said:
yup! this is a great light! do wait for it go to on sale. Here's a screen cap of mine during the black friday sale:

then here is the light with an AA2 tube rocking two 14500's for added runtime:

And here's my budding thrower family:

Soon to be joined by the Sunwayman T20CS and the Olight M3X which are on delivery. :)

Thanks for the pics, it actually looks cool with the AA2 body :)

Now about the whole "waiting till it goes on sale"... That's gonna be hard to do, but that price is awesome. How did you manage that?

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pics, it actually looks cool with the AA2 body :)

Now about the whole "waiting till it goes on sale"... That's gonna be hard to do, but that price is awesome. How did you manage that?

I hope that Dave has another round of that "Black Friday Sale" last end of November where in selected lights went on 30% off. The Turbo X was the last light in the list that went on 30% sale (I was checking every day since day one) so I got it at 59 bucks, then I entered the CPF promo code to get another 8% off, so i got the light at a total of 38% so i just had to buy it! :)

But hey, if you cant wait, go ahead! It sure is worth it! :) Lots of people pulled the trigger right away when the light came out about mid of last year. It can hold its own along with the other throwers in similar format. I own a BC25 and the throw of this Turbo X is comparable their Lux is identical but i find the beam of the Turbo X to be a bit wider but brighter (due to the bigger head no doubt)

Cheers!

GForGeep

Newly Enlightened
@roadkill1109

I don't NEED the turbo x, but I sure WANT it. I'm sure it's worth full price, but I would hate myself to buy it now and it goes on sale the next holiday (maybe even valentine's day). So I guess I'll wait and purchase a smaller light to get me by for now. Unless of course I find a great deal on another light.

Wow I'm an addict.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was googling for a review of this light and found this thread, pretty cool it can be used on AA^ body with 2X 14500 cells. It might actually look balanced. What is the run time ?

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea...I'm curious about that as well. I was thinking of picking up a AA^2 Tac. anyway, and this is just icing on the cake if my TurboX head can fit on it.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
@roadkill1109

I don't NEED the turbo x, but I sure WANT it. I'm sure it's worth full price, but I would hate myself to buy it now and it goes on sale the next holiday (maybe even valentine's day). So I guess I'll wait and purchase a smaller light to get me by for now. Unless of course I find a great deal on another light.

Wow I'm an addict.

Hahaha! I can SO RELATE! Hahha! I've wanted this light since the day it was offered by four sevens, sure there may be better ones out there, but none are like the Turbo X!

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was googling for a review of this light and found this thread, pretty cool it can be used on AA^ body with 2X 14500 cells. It might actually look balanced. What is the run time ?

I haven't really tested the runtime, but it seems to run longer than two RCR123's. I will get you the figures after testing this weekend. It's nicer to hold with the 2xAA tube, the 2x123 tube of the turbo x is not that long.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea...I'm curious about that as well. I was thinking of picking up a AA^2 Tac. anyway, and this is just icing on the cake if my TurboX head can fit on it.

It will. I run my turbox head off two 14500's and the AA^2 tube.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah U Suk Roadkill....

Just made me spend another $53 - not 5 mins ago. Now to go dig out my spare AA^2 tube...

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah U Suk Roadkill....

Just made me spend another $53 - not 5 mins ago. Now to go dig out my spare AA^2 tube...

Hahaha! Once a flashaholic, always a flashaholic! :)

It will give new life to your old AA^2 tube when you run it with a Turbo X head. :)