My first Jetbeam!

shipwreck

Enlightened
Got my new Jetbeam BC40 today. Got lots of Solarforce and Eagletac lights... Many other brands too... Never had a Jetbeam before....

830 lumens on high, 130 lumens on low :)

jetbeam1.jpg

Man, this light is sweet. Obviously, not as bright as my TK70.

But for under $70, its a steal at 830 lumens for a good brand light (it seems to be close to the true OTF measurement based on guys who did tests here in the past).

Its got good throw and flood. If it wasn't the length of four 123 cells, this would be my new pocket light - hahaha...

This is like my new minimum lumen level

Since it cost me like $4, since I used my Amazon credit card points (I had like $65 worth), its even a better deal :thumbsup:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool! If you wanted something pocketable with the same output and better throw, you should have checked out the TK35. For a bit more, it has more modes and even hidden strobe and sos should you need it. Just putting it out there. :)

Not taking anything from Jetbeam, they make good products too! i own the little brother of this light, the BC25 and i love it so much! Its like a baby TK35 at 650 lumens. :)

shipwreck

Enlightened
I did look at that Fenix. I do have a Fenix TK70.

Admittedly, that TK35 might be more pocketable, but it is an entirely different forum factr.

I'll have to stick with my Eagletac T20 for carry. But, show of the TK70, this light rocks. It's a bit brighter than my M2XC4 Eagletac.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see, I was a bit doubtful of the TK35 also due to the form factor but it is pleasantly nice to hold in the hands. But I guess since you already have a Tk70, you opted for the other brand hence the BC40! hehe :) Yes, the TK70 rocks! Big light! :)

Chidwack

Enlightened
Are you sure that the TK35 has more throw than the BC40? I was under the impression that both were similar.

Ptery83

Newly Enlightened
I have both and the throw is very similar. The BC40 may just barely throw further but it's close.