Acebeam
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How many lumens is your edc?

Default Re: How many lumens is your edc?

Quote Originally Posted by GordoJones88 View Post
    Eagletac D25C XMLU2 clicky 2.9"

0.2 Lumen - 770 Lumen
    The Eagletac D25C XMLU2 clicky is listed as having a 1 lumen low.

Edit: Ok, I seen the link.
    Last edited by LightWalker; 06-25-2012 at 10:37 AM.
    I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. Jesus Christ - John 12:46

I EDC a Klarus NT 20 and use the brightest setting most of the time. I can't imagine carrying something with less than 200 lumens these days.

Itp eos 96 lumen Max and et d25c clicky with rcr123 for 700+

My edc is a Streamlight Stylus Pro @ 48 lumens. Manage an auto repair shop & use it multiple times a day. Tried keeping an L1 & G2L on me but too bulky. Tried the 3 cell AAA Blue Point (Snap On) & it is a tad long, though very bright. This SL "penlight" has ample brightness & is compact enough that it is barely noticeable in my pocket, that ensures it is always on hand. Good battery life too.

I carry a SureFire 6P with a Nailbender XM-L U2 drop in. It has two modes; low is about 80 Lumens and High is about 750 Lumens at turn on.

Flashaholic*

LD01 with 10440 @ a lot, but unknown lumens. SC51 @ 200 lumens. LD15 @ 115 lumens is the lowest I would bother carrying. Otherwise SC60 @ 300 lumens or SC600 @ 750 lumens.

Flashaholic*

Would have to look up the old Fenix L0PSE that is my EDC. But it is less than the L0D which is rated at 85, 28, 9 lumens. So, less than that is my norm. I seldom need more and when I do I have them around. But I am past the need for super bright light, it was fun when LEDs first started growing into their own, having to buy each new thing that came around. Fun and expensive. It was sort of like moving west just because it was new and cool. But once you reach the ocean you settle down, guess I reached my ocean. But the L0P satisfies me now .
    Last edited by Lee1959; 06-28-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    Lee

Life is too important to be taken seriously: Oscar Wilde

Olight i3 at 70 lumens max, and 4Sevens QTLC at 205 max (though mine is set to 0.2 and 85 for each of the two modes).

200 to .33 with my HDS rotary. A great light that seems, IMO, impossible to replace with any other EDC.

A noname, but good quality, 250 lumens zoomable light.
    Just ordered zebralight sc600 and this will be my new EDC:
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. Steven Weinberg

My EDC has a max output of 300 lumens, but I usually use the medium 48 lumen mode.

200lumens is enough for me.

Enlightened

always carrying nitecore D10 . . . around 120 lumens
    and also novatac 120T . . . also around 120 lumens

two is one , one is none

200...Surefire E2D. Love it! One reason...I'm in Illinoika...the only state that doesn't allow CCW and has a murder rate ~twice that of Kabul, Afghanistan.

i have a no-name zoomable 370LM (at least that's what dealextreme says), and it's more than enough for me.

Unenlightened

My EDC is a SF T1A Titan. I love the UI and I think it is bright enough for everyday tasks, my only wish is that SF offered that light in a warmer more incan like tint and it would be nice to get a little more throw out of it as well

Mine's an old SureFire G2 with the P60. So that puts out, what, 65 lumens, give or take?

Fenix PD30 R4. About 4 lumens on low, 70 on medium, 140 on high, and about 260 on turbo.

I've been playing around the last year with my two favorite EDC's. My Lummie Wee Ti is set to 50 lumens and is generally perfect if not almost too bright for what I need. I use my to basically close up the house and shop at night going from room to room without waking anyone. Then I've got my Quark X 123^2 which I've messed with at moonlight 0.3 lumens, 3 lumens and 65 lumens. I find the moonlight setting simply isn't enough and that other ambient light makes is near useless around the house. 3 lumens is good if it's really dark but I've found 65 to be really nice although it's a bit too bright for close up in the house. I do like to have the 360 lumens at my disposal though on the quark but I rarely kick that on unless I'm outside and want to look down to the end of the alley. I probably should have got my new light set to 40/250 but I got a new 100/250 Lummi Raw coming that I'm stoked on. 100 lumens is wicked bright if you ask me for around the house.

Definitely have two EDC favorites, and believe me, I have tried a lot of them. First choice is Fenix pd20. Incredible blend of power and compactness. 9-190 lumens with 4 levels of brightness plus strobe and SOS. Nice pocket clip so it goes everywhere with me. Best light for 90% of situations.

2nd pick is Thrunite Neutron 1c with XML led. .2 to 255 lumens. More floody due to XML, but still very bright. Like it because 5 levels of brightness, with a moonlight mode of .2 lumens. Love this one too, but no pocket clip, so I use the holster.

Cant go wrong with either one!

I carried the maglite XL-50 its 104 lumens max then 25 lumens and i always use the 104. I wanted more horses so i got a Foursevens quarkAA^2 pro and i love it... its max is 280 but now i find myself using the 24 lumens the most now.

Depending which car I'm driving (which set of keys I have), it may be either 10 lumens out of my Fenix E01, or around 20 out of my other single AAA Coast light. Both are satisfactory for getting around at night or into dark areas of buildings at work. I always have brighter lights in each car and in my tools at work, but I consider these my EDC lights as they're on my keychain.

I've grown to appreciate simplicity I suppose, in many aspects of my life.

The Zebra is not going to be my edc.
    Got a fandyfire hd2011 500lumen. (18,10 dollar)
    This is now in my pocket instead of a 100 dollar zebra

But i love my Zebra sc600 !
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. Steven Weinberg

I picked up an Olight T10 with a T15 body tube, so I've been flip-flopping between those two configurations. 210 or 115 lumens, depending.
    How far that little candle throws its beams! So shines a good deed in a weary world. - WSWW

What is the length of that light?

Eagletac D25LC2= 741 lumens ( as advertised)

Flashaholic

Eagltac d25a XM-L ----.5 to 122 lumens. I use 8 or 75 lumens most of the time.
    Fenix PD30 R5--------- 10 to 235 lumens. 10 or 75 lumens used the majority of the time.

Quark aa^2 XML.
    280 lumens is decent for an AA style light!

Im wanting a sunwayman and something in titanium. So I may pick up the V10r ti+ as my new edc!

Oveready Lego with a cool tinted M91 @ ~450 lumens in my right pocket running on 2 18350's (I carry spares for it as well). I compliment this with a Zebralight SC51, so I have some low level options as well.

I've found the brighter lights are not as overkill in daylight when you need to light a dark corner up, or the floor of your car and I appreciate the little extra something that M91 gives me when I'm walking to the car in the dead of night.

I just prefer everything about the M91, but in reality, the M61 @ ~260 lumens is plenty bright as well... anything over 200 will more than get the job done.

Unenlightened

out of several high OTF lumen edc's i have, i love my eagletac D25LC2 741 lumen and use this mostly for work as i can easily place it in my mouth when i need two hands for a task. the combination of run time and compactness is what sold me on this light. even bought the same for my 10 yr old nephew for xmas. i wish they would bring out the exact in a Ti.