PhotonFest 2, NJ area get together

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok you asked for it and now you've got it! The NJ area Flashaholics PhotonFest 2 (PF2). If you missed the first one and want to hear what it was about go to the "NJ Flashaholics" thread and check out what you missed. PF2 will be held at the same location, the home of CPF member Milkyspit, in Califon NJ. I'm sure we will be bringing out the best of the best to challenge the infamous "Black Hole Field", as well as heading off for another adventure in the abandoned quarry.

So when is it going to take place you ask? Well we used the following criteria to help decide when. First off a Saturday was deemed to be the best day of the week for the majority, secondly we wanted to have it happen before it gets to cold out, so it was a kinda sooner the better thing. However, we felt we needed to give everyone some advanced notice, so we decided on Saturday, November 1st. As an added bonus it happens to be the first Saturday after daylight saving time ends, so it will get darker sooner!

The start time will probably be about 2pm. This time we might even pull ourselves away from our lights long enough to take a dinner break. We are planning on even more buy/sell/trading taking place, so bring you stuff, and bring some cash. Hopefully some more freebees will be given out as well. At PF1 there were 9 of us, and close to 100 lights were displayed. Can PF2 top that? It can if you come out and bring your lights. Trust me no matter what you bring someone is just dying to see it.

I hope everyone can make it, please respond within this thread if you are planning on coming or not. If you need directions Milkyspit will be happy to respond to a PM for them. See ya in Califon!

ufokillerz

Enlightened
This time i'll have a McL4, McLux PR-Head with R2H and one with a X3T, as well as some other lights i'll be acquiring, and most likely a MagLite TurboHEAD!!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
ufokillerz - Awesome, I guess that means you going too. I'm looking forward to seeing you again and checking out those lights. I wold love to check out your Mini-HID light again, that thing was way cool.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool. I will definitely give this one a shot. I may be able to get my hands on that UK HID light too.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beretta, I hope you can make it! Even if PF2 is 1/2 as good as PF1 you'll have a great time. And I would like to check out that UK HID, and whatever else you can bring. Hope to see you there.

TOB9595

Enlightened
Oh Drat!! I'm working @ 1830 that day.
But I will stop in to see all the stuff in the daylight.
And to re-see the bright smiling faces /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Tom
I will be saving KartRacer a seat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tom - Sorry you can't stay for the nightime activities. Maybe you could call in sick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif
At least you'll be able to hang for a little while and see what everyone brings. Thanks for saving me a seat, when we head out to the quarry I'll look for your lighter.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nascar - I hope you can make it. I've noticed in past posts that you have some nice lights, I hope you can bring them......all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif As for Mapquest, I'd be careful. My past experiences have shown that Mapquest stinks.

richpalm

Banned
I'll be there or be square! Might have to do the call in sick routine again... of course they're playing games with my work sked now.

This time the big gun comes along.. Vector 3 MCP twin spot. Hopefully I'll get an original banana Vector by then.. working on it. Also have a Pila G4 coming.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rich - Glad to hear you'll be able to make it! I'm very interested in checking out the Pila G4, that's a light I've been wanting to get for a while now. And I see a heavyweight battle shaping up here, your Vector 3milCP VS my RoadPro 3milCP Monster. Very nice!

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be there! Hee hee. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Figured out the focus and changed batteries on my Pelican LaserPro 4D, so now it rocks! Beam quality is amazingly artifact free, and throw is amazing for a 4D light.

Of course, it won't compete with some of those heavyweights you folks are bringing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

There's an off chance that I'll have a small run of Milky Candles completed by then. If so... first dibs to attendees! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hmm... gotta find a righteous light for this event... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

MicroE

Enlightened
I'm watching this thread. I don't know if I will be able to make it---with a wife, two kids, and a job the scheduling can get to be tough.

If I can't make it will go up on my roof and point a green laser at the quarry.---Marc

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
MicroE - I sure hope you can make it, hey man you have to get your priorities straight: 1. Flashlights, 2. Family, 3. Job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Hope to see you there, oh any luck with reaming out that light? -- Tim

Milky - Glad to here you'll be there! We'd hate to have to break into your house and rummage through all of your lights without you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beretta, good catch. I sent a PM to MTFD17, giving him the "heads up" on checking out PH2.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kart, I see that Tech A Billy is from someplace or other in NJ. I don't suppose you sent him one of your signature PM's? Or did you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep he got one. The interesting thing is that while I spent the time to send 19 seperate PM's giving everyone the heads up on the event not everyone has responded. Actually 4 people havent even read the PM yet, and out of the others only about half responded in one form or another. A quick reply of yes, no, maybe, or leave me alone and go to he!!, would work for me. If everyone would respond that would be great, but I guess it really doesn't matter. As it stands I think we have about 7 going and 3 possible.

I'm looking forward to seeing those I met already again, as well as meeting those who couldn't make PF1. Of course I'm anxious to see what lights are brought, with special intrest going to Richpalm's G4 and Vector 3mil, as well as ufokillerz McLux/PR/X3T. I'm sure I'm missing something else here, but I rather not remind myself, that way I can be surprised at the get together /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

PS - I'll be bringing some more LED light-up pens to give away to everyone who comes.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,

If you're interested, I could posibly mail a couple heads to Beretta or UFO for you to check out. I think I will get the LED's in time and I could send both a modified KL4 and McLux-PR with S rank Luxeon III's and DownBoy 1000's. I would only ask that they either be returned or somebody in your group buys them. If more that one person were interested, perhaps you could have a drawing. I assume that you guys could come up with a couple E2(e)'s or McLux 2x123's or UBH's to host these for evaluation. If you're interested, let me know and I'll put on a hussle to get them made and out to you.

- Don

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
ARE WE INTERESTED?!?!?!?! Heck yes! That's way cool of you to send them out. Please include as much information as you can with them: specs, cost etc. I'm anticipating many deals will be made at PF2, so if you have anything else you've been thinking about selling send it along too. Placing a for sale light in front of us is like throwing a wounded fish into a shark tank, it's not going to last to long without someone gobbling it up. Thanks in advance. --Tim