Clicky tailcap for MagLed 2AA?

sniper

Enlightened
Hey,all;

I have a Kroll tailcap clicky switch, and a Nite-Ize non-I.Q. Will there be any problems with using either of them on a new MagLEd 2AA light?

The various functions or focus aren't that important to me.

If my two choices won't work, are there any alternative suggestions?

Thanx.

sniper

Enlightened
Anyone??? Surely, there must be someone out there who can say, or is this in the wrong forum?

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
AFAIK the MagAA LED has a different electrical path design so only the stock tailcap works and none of the clickies as well as the incandescent MagAA tailcap will work.

Unfortunately there are no alternative suggestions. In fact I haven't heard of any third party accessories/parts designed for the MagAA LED. As a result, the MagAA LED is quite unpopular and unfavorable amongst modders.

Lightwriter

Newly Enlightened
The NiteIze IQ on a Rebel or Cree MiniMagLED will result in a very dim strobe. The non-IQ tailswitch will work with the Rebel and Cree MiniMags, but not the Luxeon MiniMag that I have (it has the flat tailcap with longer spring). With the Luxeon, the standard lanyard ring tailcap will not work.

With the non IQ switch you can click through the different modes of the Rebel/Cree MiniMags. You do have to leave the head switched on, but at least you can leave it to your desired focus when you use a tailswitch.