Newly acquired LF2XT, now seeking info & instruction.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently scored a nice deal on an LF2XT, but it didn't come with instructions. Can anyone point me in the direction of an online manual, or give me some programming info?

6733601033_aa7eb72055_z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Viper715

Enlightened
Nice grab on that one. I really miss my LF2XT. If you ever get bored of it for whatever reason look me up.
Here is the flow chart but I'm still looking for the full manual but I always like the flow chart the most.

http://hoongern.com/pics/lf2xt/LF2XT flowchart.pdf

A little bit on YouTube.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour..._KFvny0N_OgNz0Kyw&sig2=eti8fHcD5IPBoxQJ_mSRuw

Some CPF

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?241082-LiteFlux-LF2XT-quick-reference-card

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Programmable-Light-User-Guides-and-Flowcharts

Well that's the extent of my google fu tonight.

Last edited:

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Found a great deal on an LF2XT, now seeking instructions.

Nice grab on that one. I really miss my LF2XT. If you ever get bored of it for whatever reason look me up.
Here is the flow chart but I'm still looking for the full manual but I always like the flow chart the most.

http://hoongern.com/pics/lf2xt/LF2XT flowchart.pdf

Good Lord, that is a bit confusing...:sick2:

Thank you for the links, much appreciated.

Viper715

Enlightened
I edited and added a few more including a YouTube video you should be able to find a few more from there.

Yeah it is a bit overwhelming at first but after some research and getting it programmed the way you want it really is one of the best lights out there.

chris975d

Newly Enlightened
If you ever want to sell or possibly trade that LF2XT that you darn near stole from NASCAR, PM me! ;)

chris975d

Newly Enlightened

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you guys, I'll have a look. I now know how to turn on/off momentary, and check battery level :party: Loooong way to go.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have the instructions and flow charts in pdf format but they exceed the permissible size. PM me an email address so I can send them to you. :)

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

So I've done a factory reset on the light, but now I'm unsure how to program it. I looked through the instruction manual, but it seems to give you options for after it's programmed, not hot to program it. I know once I get pointed in the right direction I'll be fine, but like most folks when they get this light, I'm a bit lost at the moment.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you all for your assistance.....I now have an understanding of the CUI, and the basic operation of the FUI. What I need to figure out now is, how to program the desired functions into the FUI.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

You'll get the hang of it. The manual is a little confusing, but with the flow chart's help it should come clear. I normally use FUI, but sometimes you need to ramp and go to CUI. Congrats on scoring one of the best.

Geoff

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you all for your assistance.....I now have an understanding of the CUI, and the basic operation of the FUI. What I need to figure out now is, how to program the desired functions into the FUI.

In June 2009 members started receiving their LF2XT's and discussions began as to how to program them. I am sure that with a little patience you will find all the help you need. :)

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Make sure it's in fui.
6 click + presshold lets you choose how many modes you want your light to be. Just press how many modes you want, and the light will start blinking. If you choose 4 modes (4 clicks), it will blink 4 times. 3 click+press hold (i think) to exit the menu and save. When that is done, you enter each mode and tell it what to be. 3click+press hold and you enter the "brightness menu"for the mode that youre currently in. Single click to increase brightness, doubleclick to decrease brightness. When youre done with the brighness setting for that mode, 3click+press hold to exit and save that mode. Then you chose the next mode and program it, and so on and so on until youre done with all modes. Up to 5 modes if you like. This is only for nornal output with no blinky modes programmed, but you still have the shortcut to the random strobe in fui "click+presshold".
With some time and some swearing it can be programmed with custom blinky modes. I dont remember how to get to the blinky modes menu. But if you find it, it will let you tune the frequency and brightness levels in 2 steps. First you need to tune one thing, lets say the brightness. Then you can go in and tune the frequency from slow becon and all the way up to fast strobe. I ended up with a 3 mode. lo,~10L,max.
I dont have my manual at hand and i'm taking it out of my head, so dont quote me on this hehe

Last edited:

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks guys, I'm still working on it. I love this light, complex beauty.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Making more progress, still not able to program FUI though. The switch was acting glitchy, it would flicker, and not turn on at all sometimes. After a bit of research, I found out the pill was backed out a bit. Tightened it up, and we're back in business.

egrep

Enlightened

You're going through the LF2XT learning phase well. The mechanical peculiarities also! Your light is just like the rest. The LF2XT enjoys maintenance. Get some nanolube, keep your o-rings healthy, keep an eye on that switch, etc. :)

Do you know if you've got a sapphire window on that? Since you've got the Tritium switch I"m guessing you do. But if not let me know and I'll see if I've got an extra to give you.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

You're going through the LF2XT learning phase well. The mechanical peculiarities also! Your light is just like the rest. The LF2XT enjoys maintenance. Get some nanolube, keep your o-rings healthy, keep an eye on that switch, etc. :)

Do you know if you've got a sapphire window on that? Since you've got the Tritium switch I"m guessing you do. But if not let me know and I'll see if I've got an extra to give you.

Yeah, it's a fun learning process...it's always nice to have a new toy to play with. In my research, I found the fix for what was confusing me. When trying to choose the number of modes in FUI, it would not save my change, it would just go back to 5. Turns out, you cannot save that chance with the "auto-off" function activated. So, deactivated the auto-off function, and it allowed me to save my choice.....definitely a step in the right direction. I am assuming I'll be able to program each mode successfully now, but I guess we shall see.

Oh, and as far as the sapphire window, I think it is installed in this one...I think it has an AR coating, and I'm assuming the regular window would not? Either way, thank you for the generous offer, much appreciated.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Successfully programmed FUI, and learning what all the available functions are. The only problem I am having now, is the light goes into flickry fits every so often. When I turn it on, the light flickers, then eventually goes off and won't turn back on. If I remove and replace the switch, it is back to working fine. I used DeoxIT on the contacts, and cleaned the threads, so I guess I'm a bit unsure of what the problem might be. I am in the process of reading through all the threads, and have yet to encounter an instance of a switch being bad.