Bezel = Fragile

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sweared when i discover the "tattoo" on my A2 and i swiped my punch toward the wall, POOM!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
That first "ding" is the roughest, but, it's a relief after it happens, because then it becomes a real "user", and yer no longer afraid to "rough it up" a little, so you actually get to enjoy it more.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
The old moral: No pain, no gain. Is always true
After losing the virginity(of the light of course), u have no fear of damaging it, or you wont feel hurt next time
It also reminds me keep good use of so-far-intact light and prevent abusing it
Actually i had some hard time with the notch on A2 bezel, it was pain in heart, i saved for months for it and it was $150 USD-equivalent!!

Swede74

Enlightened
I know not everybody shares my opinion, but for me it's when a light has received it first few scratches on the anodizing, maybe a dent or even a small crack in the lens, that you can really start to enjoy it for its intended purpose. The build quality, the durability, reliability, ruggedness and waterproofness (if there is such a word); it's all those qualities you've paid your hard earned money for, and although owning a light in pristine condition may be more important for some, I get the most out of my lights when they get a chance to put their money where (their manufacturers') mouths are.

Of course some lights, limited editions, gold-plated ones etc are pieces of art rather than tools and probably not meant to be carried around, but I believe EDCs are supposed to look EDCd :)

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashlights are tools, and there's no sense carrying around a tool you are afraid to actually use.

Embrace the ding!