best AA edc help a newb

blueshot3

Newly Enlightened
looking for the best single AA edc light i can find less than $100 i have had severl surefire lights but batteries are a bit much any help would be greatly appreciated

Samy

Enlightened
For sheer brightness/lumens go for a Zebralight SC51. If you're after a more military/tactical light then go for a 4Sevens Quark AA in Tactical user interface.

I have both and highly recommend them.

Cheers

Harry999

Enlightened
If you want to stick with the AA budget then definitely the Zebralight SC51 or a Quark AA would be my recommendation. I would also add the Mini AA Quark to that list if you prefer a twisty and which is my personal favorite AA 4Sevens offering.

Zebralight also do the SC80 which is available like the SC51 in cool, warm and HCRI led form. The SC80 can use a CR123A as well as an AA battery and all levels are current controlled so the regulation is very good. I think it is on sale for about $79.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since SC51 has been mentioned, how about Sunwayman V10A or Quark AA Tactical? Amend, Quark AA Tac is now called Quark Tactical QTA.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you're already familiar with, and already a fan of (?), why not sell one or two of your spare SF's to put towards a SF E2L-AA? Same quality/CS you're used too, and it runs great on Alkalines, R/C's, and Lithium AA's?

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a great user interface, check out a Sunwayman V10A. I have a review of the V10R in my signature line, it's very similar, just a different battery. With the V10A, you can use regular AA's, or if you want to later, start using lithium ion rechargeable batteries and get a big boost in output! Sunwayman's V series is great, because they use a rotating ring to adjust to any brightness you want between the max and the min!

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interested to hear the opinions as I'm also looking for another EDC AA - already have the Quark AA and ZL H51w and love them both. Like the idea of the variable magnetic ring, but it looks like you lose A LOT of efficiency vs the same manuf. manual clicky models. Jetbeam's PA10 also came up as a suggestion.

So far though, I haven't been able to give up the hundreds of hours of moonlight runtime or the multiple <10 lumen levels of 4/7s and ZL.

Jrubin

Newly Enlightened
You would love both the SWM V10A and the ZL SC51. Two great user interfaces and two very good lights

j12sully

Newly Enlightened
I carry a Jetbeam PA10. You can get them for >$70 shipped and have enough money left over to get some quality 14500's and a charger. Also, regular AA's work just fine.

Onthelightside

Enlightened
This is not an AA light but rather AAA. You should give it some thought I think though. Take a look at the 4sevens Preon 1 or 2. They are so compact and are still really bright for EDC :thumbsup:. The preon 2 has a max of 160 OTF lumens and the Preon 1 is around 85. Anyway this may not be quite enough light but for all of my edc tasks this pretty much covers it and is so small and light. You may want to consider this for a backup edc if you want something more powerful too. :)

Latest posts