streamlight sl-20 mods

vzarich

Newly Enlightened
I have a streamlight sl-20 that I would like to modify. It is in need of a new battery. What type of battery and bulb technology would this platform be best suited to?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are there any viable Streamlight Sl-20 led mods that retain the complete functionality of the original light?

[2 threads merged - DM51]

houtex

Enlightened
There doesn't seem to much much talk about modding the SL20.

The easy way is the Terralux TLE-110s. Fairly bright but not much throw. To me the reliabity was 50/50.

Techjunkie was good enough to put a custom XM-L setup in my SL20. It also uses an upgraded battery from BatteryJunction. It is now way brighter with more throw and I have a very warm and secure feeling that it will never let me down in terms of reliabilty. The light fell of the 2nd floor of an apartment complex,hit the concrete below and came right back on. I give credit both to Streamlight and Techjunkie on that.

Talk to Techjunkie. The mod he did was affordable . I won't discuss price. That's his business. For me it was/is more than worth it.

Last edited:

Techjunkie

Enlightened
in the brightly lit suburbs of NYC (Long Island)
There doesn't seem to much much talk about modding the SL20.

The easy way is the Terralux TLE-110s. Fairly bright but not much throw. To me the reliabity was 50/50.

Techjunkie was good enough to put a custom XM-L setup in my SL20. It also uses an upgraded battery from BatteryJunction. It is now way brighter with more throw and I have a very warm and secure feeling that it will never let me down in terms of reliabilty. The light fell of the 2nd floor of an apartment complex,hit the concrete below and came right back on. I give credit both to Streamlight and Techjunkie on that.

Talk to Techjunkie. The mod he did was affordable . I won't discuss price. That's his business. For me it was/is more than worth it.

Thanks, houtex. Your ringing endorsement has brought a big smile to my face.