Minimag clickie switch?

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Ive gotten a couple of them on ebay, they work. You can even get them bundled with a little led upgrade...

tattoosteve99

Newly Enlightened
Well I was looking for a custom made clickie not one of those cheapie brands that just don't work. I guess I should have been more specific.

sniper

Enlightened
The Nite Ize clicky (one speed) or the Kroll clicky work well on my MiniMags. I like the kroll better, tho.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
yea i had both, and also iq switch. but none would work with led mm

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any idea why they don't work with the LED MM? Is there one that will?

The first gen MM led had anodized threads, strip the ano from the threads and the kroll switch will work. The newer multi-mode MM LED does work with the kroll.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any idea why they don't work with the LED MM? Is there one that will?
you know what, i'll take it back, i always just took sellers word for it, but i just tried swapping tailcaps from old inc, and new led mm they both fit perfectly, than i tried iq switch, obviously it didn't work cuz driver in the light isn't made to work with circuit, it was strobing very dim, than died in 2 sec, but dimensions are perfect fit, if it was simple switch, i don't see why it shouln't work, i don't have other 2 switches on hand at the moment, but i don't see why it would not work.

yes threads on my rebel mm is anodized, for kroll remove anodizing with drano, or scrape it off, the other switch, iirc gets contact the same way stock tailcap does.

Last edited:

Rumgut

Newly Enlightened
The simple Nite Ize clicky (not IQ) works fine on my new LED MiniMag. You can even do momentary if you're careful, and cycle through the modes with a series of momentary or on/off clicks. Some of the anodization has already worn off the MM threads, so maybe that's part of it. But the contact seems good.

BTW ... New to CPF. Hi, everyone. :)

tattoosteve99

Newly Enlightened
Ok another question. How do I make it to where I do not have to turn the head to make it work. Does it need to be constantly touching or the opposite? Thanks for all the help!

sniper

Enlightened
The simple Nite Ize clicky (not IQ) works fine on my new LED MiniMag. ... Some of the anodization has already worn off the MM threads, so maybe that's part of it. But the contact seems good. BTW ... New to CPF. Hi, everyone. :)

Yo, Rummy; The non-I.Q. tailcap does indeed work on my MiniMagled. I tried it this afternon, holding my breath that it wouldn't release any magic smoke. Not a problem; it cycles through the modes really well. I just ordered 2 more of them, plus an led upgrade for my military angle-head flashlight. Thanks for the tip.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I knew it needs to be unscrewed but I'm looking for a way to keep it tight and work with clickie switch.

well, it was easy with inc. version, not so with led, since reflector,s throat pushes original switch that sits below the edge of the tube,
what you can do, is to whipe all oil from head\tube threads. and using locktite semipermanently glue the head onto the tube in the slightly unscrewd position, ( do it with light on, you'll see exact position you wanna let the locktite dry), you can still unscrew it later, using force. you will loose focusing ability, but it is useless anyway.
that is the way i'd do it, may be someone else knows of other way.

Bozzlite

Enlightened
how about the Terralux TC-1 tailcap?

I've had some problems with the Terralux switches. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. The nite ize switches work great. I've heard good things about the Kroll switch.

The IQ switch was a total flop for me. Bought two...one was DOA, the other would reduce the light output to about 50%.