NiteFighter

Thread: Laser show

Thinking Laser show

Hi

Over the Christmas holidays I seen a laser show that went in time with the music. I have recently brought some big lasers for outdoor use and I would like to have ago at programming the lasers in time with music.
    Does anyone know what software I need (I am assuming it was made using a PC) and how to set it up?
    The lasers do have a DMX port on them.
    led-tape.com the UK's Largest LED Tape Supplier

Default Re: Laser show

Quote Originally Posted by joewatts View Post
    Hi

Over the Christmas holidays I seen a laser show that went in time with the music. I have recently brought some big lasers for outdoor use and I would like to have ago at programming the lasers in time with music.
    Does anyone know what software I need (I am assuming it was made using a PC) and how to set it up?
    The lasers do have a DMX port on them.
    well there are Loads of programs out there for PC's that run DMX, it's really a matter of taste and functionality. my suggestion would be play with the freeware versions to get an idea of what you like and then go out and check the payware versions if you can, in person, then toy around with those. keep in mind that at first, this will be very time consuming! lol.
    if your not wearing a #12 welding screen than it ain't bright enough! "Hand-Sun H.I.D." 55w & 75w(for sale), Rocky 3w LED, Stanley 109 35w mod'd, Maxa-Beam Gen II, 55w hid/100w incan Vector Twin, 400w MH long arc, 100w MH mid arc. Amondotech n30.

Unenlightened

I am interested in Laser show for I have not seen it in my area... Laser has been my favorite topic... Can you give me a link of a video of a laser show?

Quote Originally Posted by lornfate View Post
    I am interested in Laser show for I have not seen it in my area... Laser has been my favorite topic... Can you give me a link of a video of a laser show?
    this is my home made laser scanner
    http://youtu.be/nttkgnynfvs
    if your not wearing a #12 welding screen than it ain't bright enough! "Hand-Sun H.I.D." 55w & 75w(for sale), Rocky 3w LED, Stanley 109 35w mod'd, Maxa-Beam Gen II, 55w hid/100w incan Vector Twin, 400w MH long arc, 100w MH mid arc. Amondotech n30.

Fritz, nice! got any pics of the build?

BTW, I like the moon, but what happened to the cat? :-P

unfortunately i didn't take any pix of the build, just it in action, even got some KILLER stills!
    i never had a pic of a cat tho, lol
    actually, my old pic was of one of my laser scanner stills.
    the scanner was made with 100mW red and 40mW green, when mixed they make yellow. used 2 step servos with a "color organ" style control circuit, and a beam splitter to mix the beams. then used a 2nd color organ with a RNG to activate the laser at random.

Unenlightened

Only heard of laser show, is to use the laser to produce a number of visual effects, and to confuse the audience.But I have not yet seen it.Laser intensity on the laser show will not be shot than an ordinary laser pens, laser intensity
    Last edited by Edwina; 04-28-2014 at 10:51 PM.