Laser show

joewatts

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Over the Christmas holidays I seen a laser show that went in time with the music. I have recently brought some big lasers for outdoor use and I would like to have ago at programming the lasers in time with music.
Does anyone know what software I need (I am assuming it was made using a PC) and how to set it up?
The lasers do have a DMX port on them.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi

Over the Christmas holidays I seen a laser show that went in time with the music. I have recently brought some big lasers for outdoor use and I would like to have ago at programming the lasers in time with music.
Does anyone know what software I need (I am assuming it was made using a PC) and how to set it up?
The lasers do have a DMX port on them.

well there are Loads of programs out there for PC's that run DMX, it's really a matter of taste and functionality. my suggestion would be play with the freeware versions to get an idea of what you like and then go out and check the payware versions if you can, in person, then toy around with those. keep in mind that at first, this will be very time consuming! lol.

lornfate

Newly Enlightened
I am interested in Laser show for I have not seen it in my area... Laser has been my favorite topic... Can you give me a link of a video of a laser show?

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
unfortunately i didn't take any pix of the build, just it in action, even got some KILLER stills!
i never had a pic of a cat tho, lol
actually, my old pic was of one of my laser scanner stills.
the scanner was made with 100mW red and 40mW green, when mixed they make yellow. used 2 step servos with a "color organ" style control circuit, and a beam splitter to mix the beams. then used a 2nd color organ with a RNG to activate the laser at random.

Edwina

Newly Enlightened
Only heard of laser show, is to use the laser to produce a number of visual effects, and to confuse the audience.But I have not yet seen it.Laser intensity on the laser show will not be shot than an ordinary laser pens, laser intensity

Last edited: