• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Any ideas on how to add a key-chain to PEAK with a momentary switch?

Lion of Zion

Newly Enlightened
Just picked up an Eiger penlight with a momentary switch from the Marketplace. It does have the key-chain attachment, but would like to keep the momentary switch and use it on my key-chain?

Thanks for any ideas!!!

Lion of Zion

mhs

Newly Enlightened
I don't have any of Peak lights yet, but I really want to get one with momentary in future. I was also thinking about how to attach a lanyard to it. You could attach some kind of small pocket clip with 2 holes in it - bigger for mounting between body and momentary and the smaller one would be attachement point to key-chain. Something like this:
keysth.png

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've pondered this for some time, and the best I can come up with is to make your own attachment point and place it between the light and the momentary switch, sort of like how the Moddo clips fit on. What you need is a small, thin washer with a small loop attached to the outer rim, with that small loop acting as the either the keyring attachment point or for a split ring which you'd then attach to the keys.

Instead of a washer you might just try a small loop of wire under the momentary switch, and leave a little loop that extends out a bit.

Of course the trick, as I understand it, would then be to make sure the momentary switch still worked correctly (because the washer adds a bit of thickness and places the momentary switch farther out), which might mean extending the contact tip a bit, possibly with a bit of solder.

I'm sure others here will have better ideas, but that might be workable.

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you have a QTC one you can add a clip as shown, but you might need to add something conductive and equivalent thinkness
as a spacer inside the barrel so that the 'battery crushing factor' remains the same. or not.

Costetl

Newly Enlightened
I don't have any of Peak lights yet, but I really want to get one with momentary in future. I was also thinking about how to attach a lanyard to it. You could attach some kind of small pocket clip with 2 holes in it - bigger for mounting between body and momentary and the smaller one would be attachement point to key-chain. Something like this:
keysth.png

His is a really good idea. I started another thread on this exact same thing. I found someone who would produce these for $15 each in Ti if we got 40 people to agree to buy something like this. I would take 2. I came up with the idea below, but I like the design you came up with above better. Would anyone want to get in on the one above? Lets start a group buy if we can get enough of us together.

6a9y2eqa.jpg

Last edited:

Costetl

Newly Enlightened
I can get someone to produce this for us if we get enough people together.

ypy6usah.jpg

| Sent from my iPhone 4S |

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can get someone to produce this for us if we get enough people together.

ypy6usah.jpg

OK I saw where you have already gotten the Dark Sucks clip,have you tried just attaching something to that?
It seems obvious to me but you seem to want something different that does not yet exist.

Ed

Costetl

Newly Enlightened
OK I saw where you have already gotten the Dark Sucks clip,have you tried just attaching something to that?
It seems obvious to me but you seem to want something different that does not yet exist.

Ed

I have. It works ok. I was interested in getting a group buy together for it

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have. It works ok. I was interested in getting a group buy together for it

So if you wouldn't mind can you get a pic of the clip on the light and maybe describe it a little more,is it tight on there?

I know you post from your phone a lot so I understand if it is a pain to type that way,I can barely even see my phone!

Costetl

Newly Enlightened
It would be this cut from Ti. It would be the same thickness as the clip. It goes under the momentary button, it will be super secure. It would cost each person about $12 to $14 each.

The new momentary button will be out in 3 weeks. The new button will work 100% with the pocket clip or this piece.

7enetega.jpg

It would go under the momentary button ad would stick out about 3 mm. You would put a mini ring thru the hole and then your lanyard.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be this cut from Ti. It would be the same thickness as the clip. It goes under the momentary button, it will be super secure. It would cost each person about $12 to $14 each.

The new momentary button will be out in 3 weeks. The new button will work 100% with the pocket clip or this piece.

7enetega.jpg

It would go under the momentary button ad would stick out about 3 mm. You would put a mini ring thru the hole and then your lanyard.

What I meant was can you talk about or show the dark sucks clip on the light?

Thanks
Ed

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about inserting a snap-ring between the battery tube and the tail cap part which threads into the battery tube? Hardware stores, Home Depot, and Lowe's sell snap rings in small quantities.

snapring1.gif

Last edited:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
What new momentary button?!

I like this idea by the way, but I personally just use the lug body for a keychain attachment, and don't much care for lanyards.

I would buy one, for my 14250 El Capitan body.

Costetl

Newly Enlightened
Something will be made soon

Last edited: