Which is the right LED drop in for this headlamp

wadamt16

Newly Enlightened
I found this headlamp in a junk box, it doesn't have name on it. It is pretty heavy, runs on 4 x AA. I thought that I could use high power LED drop in but the reflector seem to thin and and to wide. Is there any LED drop in that will work for this reflector? Is there any LED drop in that will work with 4 x 14500?

Here are pictures

33yj5m8.jpg

4q1q11.jpg

14975vc.jpg

Thanks!

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found this headlamp in a junk box, it doesn't have name on it. It is pretty heavy, runs on 4 x AA. I thought that I could use high power LED drop in but the reflector seem to thin and and to wide. Is there any LED drop in that will work for this reflector? Is there any LED drop in that will work with 4 x 14500?
Thanks!

I think you're out of luck with that one. You'll probably need a custom adapter to fit a P60 module into it, which would have to be hand made specifically for that light, which will easily cost you more than a brand new high end headlamp. And to run something like 4x14500, you'd probably have to custom order a Nailbender or something like that, maybe a Veleno... not sure.

Sad but true fact is that you'll get a lot more for your money just by buying a new Spark, Zebralight, or something else, maybe a PT, BD, or Brunton.

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look for a "PR2" (standard flashlight form) LED that can handle 6v -- Dorcydirect doesn't seem to have them any longer; Sears did for a while; there are several threads at CPF you can search for

wadamt16

Newly Enlightened
I have been look for a good PR2 LED and haven't find any good one for this reflector. It has to be at least 180 degree beam pattern. I guess I am out of luck on this and already have a good LED headlamp.

spelunkik

Newly Enlightened
Why not just ditch the reflector or if it is necessary for assembly then just forget it's in there? : ) You may be SOL if you are looking for an LED that will work with that reflector. I like this one: PR2-3WHP-x