My new budget light

sniper

Enlightened
Back to my roots! The very first flashlight my parents got me was a Boy Scout angle-head light, waaay back in the '50s. I have liked the style ever since.

I just received my new Fulton MX-991/U 2D Angle-head flashlight in Sand color. It appears to be rugged, and well-made. It's very light, too, compared to my 3D Mag. It will be my drawer, car, camping and "about anything" light.

What got me thinking about them was returning to the forum. I gave my boy one for camping with a no-name PR based LED bulb about 5-6 years ago. I recently asked him about battery life. He said "I don't think I have ever changed the batteries!"

The first thing I did after putting in the batteries, (batteries not included) and insuring it worked, was to head for the basement, and replace the PR2 bulb with one of the no-name LED drop-ins that had been in my "possibles" drawer since...ummmm....about 2005. Immediate improvement! Brighter, But with a slight purplish tint. By mistake, I put one of them in my workshop 3 cell light, and it was the brightest, whitest LED I had ever seen up to that time...for about 30 seconds. WOOPS!

Anyhow, In The True Spirit Of Never Leaving Well Enough Alone, I'd like to upgrade what I just put in, with either the Terralux MiniStar 1...1Watt PR based bulb, which is for 2-6 C-D batteries, and should be brighter, with a whiter tint, or the Terralux TLE-6EXB.

Does anyone know if there will be heat problems, especially with the higher-powered 6EXB?

Any suggestions for other PR based LED units that might work?
Thanx.