High quality Metal flashlight mount for a bicycle.

Geordie

Newly Enlightened
Are there any flashlight "Mountain Bike" mounts on the market that are quality machined to match our great flashlights. Tried the usual plastic ones and they are all rubbish. Thanks Geordie.

betweenrides

Newly Enlightened
Are there any flashlight "Mountain Bike" mounts on the market that are quality machined to match our great flashlights. Tried the usual plastic ones and they are all rubbish. Thanks Geordie.

Hi, Geordie: Fellow cyclist. I use TwoFish Cyclopblock (sturdier than Lockblock). I also have a nice plastic Klarus mount that works very well. Fenix makes a very Heavy Duty mount, but I find it to be too bulky. You might try posing this question on a Mountain bike specific site as well: mtbr forums, lights and night riding sub-forum. Lot's of experience over there related to your question.

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for the Cyclopblock.

So are really nice and safe bike mounts. I use they with my EX10 and Jet-III and they are quite sturd and dont wiggle. In my describtion you can find my Maglite Bikelight mod. The mount I used for that one I found on the net. I just search for a bike bar mount and found this one. Maybe just google it and you'll find a mount fitted for your purpose.

rayman

scylla

Newly Enlightened
I have tried the Twofish Cyclopblock and didn't care for it. Now that I'm gonna go with a dedicated bike light and dynohub, I won't have to worry about flashlight mounts. But when I was using flashlights I found a mount online that looked like it would do the job. I just never got around to ordering it.

Last edited by a moderator:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
why from metal?
what size of light?

... for upt to 1*18650, from all the ones mentionned here - or the ones I know from years of reading and using - none works better than the "homemade version":
ayv2m3ij914er12tm.jpg

PS:
* holders that can not be moved sideways are useless
* holders that are big and bulky are useless
* holders that can not be dismounted in a second are useless
;)

fyrstormer

Banned
PS:
* holders that can not be moved sideways are useless
* holders that are big and bulky are useless
* holders that can not be dismounted in a second are useless
;)
How do you figure? Unless the holder is specially designed with a quick-release clamp (which I admit would be nice), the ability to remove the light instantly requires that the light be insecure. If your local roads and paths are smooth as glass, that's great, but if you have to ride over bumps, you'll be losing the light on a regular basis when it gets jostled out of the holder. On a related note, a light holder that can swivel can also be knocked out of alignment when you're in the middle of navigating...sub-optimal terrain...which is usually not when you can afford to let go of the handlebar to re-aim the light.

I like my setup. It's very secure, it doesn't even wiggle when I ride over rough ground. And yet, I can still change the battery in a few seconds by unscrewing the light from the tailcap.

CIMG5301.jpg

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
I've tried the Two Fish - they wobble quite a bit off road.
I currently have the Fenix, but it is HUGE, and it's easy to knock out of alignment. Of course, it's easy to knock it back, but not always in the middle of technical terrain.
I may need to check into that DKG mount.

That RAM mount is unbelievable. We use some of their stuff on military vehicles at work, but for my mtn bike, that is just HUGE!

Anybody try the SolarForce mount yet? Plastic. Looks okay in pictures, but with these things it's all in the execution.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your local roads and paths are smooth as glass, that's great,
thank You for telling me my setup - holder and old light shown in the pics I added - does not work.
If You ever come to Vienna, Austria, pls bring mtb-gear and I will check a bike for You.
IF You can ride a typical trail here, we try the same one at night also ...
;)

fyrstormer

Banned
Your design doesn't allow you to tighten the clamp to make the light more secure if it starts to slip. There is no way to argue that isn't a deficiency.

I am not going to respond to your challenge against my riding skill. I didn't come here to discuss who can ride better. The design of the headlight mount is the only thing I care about.