You guys must be sick and tired of these newbe questions but I can think of no better place to ask these type of questions.....so here goes. I will just tell you who I am and what I do and what I am loooking for. I am a home inspector that spends alot of time in basements ,crawlspaces and attics. The limitations in these areas requires us to rely heavily on our lights to see accross an inaccessable area (tight crawlspace...etc..). When I started a few years ago ,the standard in my industry was the Stremlight ultrastinger,270 lumens I think ...I really like the light.....but have become confused with alot of new terms that I am hearing about...throw ...flood .I actually heard of a home inspector recommending a fenix that had 600-or 700 lumens and was a little light (compared to my ultrastinger)Is it possible for such a little light to put out that much ? When I started my search a few years ago the ultra stinger was a pretty bright light...but now I am wondering if there is something beter out there ...brighter?? more compact??. I need to be able to have a strong long beam as mentioned earlier but a light that would illuminate an area would be benificial as well. I dont mind a "bigger" light like I have now but if a smaller light would fit the bill that would be great. I like some of the features out there now like 3 modes of operation to cut down on battery life etc.... I want rechargable batteries , preferably with some kind of rapid car charger as my stinger is only good for 60 mins. I would be good up to 150.00-175.00...Thanks to all that will considergoing here again....