Elite Flashlights - The Best LED Flashlights, Chargers and Batteries

Thread: Camelbak All Clear @ SHOT 2012

Default Camelbak All Clear @ SHOT 2012

The Camelbak All Clear water purification system (as introduced at SHOT 2012) will be available at retailers in March 2012. It appears to be a nice compact self contained system that uses UV to render the little waterborne uglies unable to kick you in the proverbial guts. However, I personally believe that the debris screen should be included with the package but I'm not a marketing kind of guy.

CLICK THE PIC:

Stuart
    See the BEST Titanium framed sunglasses:
    http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...d.php?t=176476

Default Re: Camelbak All Clear @ SHOT 2012

To be honest it seems to be just a larger, bulkier, heavier, more complicated version of the Steripen line of products.

At least the Steripen line is able to adapt to different bottle types while the Camelbak version is restricted to their bottle.
    There are no foolish questions and no man becomes a fool until he has stopped asking questions

Here is a video of it.

There are no foolish questions and no man becomes a fool until he has stopped asking questions

Nice video but my video had a prettier presenter. CLICK THE PIC baby...

I agree about the limitations but it is a nice alternative...
    Stuart

Clicked on it & it took me to a photobucket page that even when I turned off Addblock plus showed nothing.

Flashaholic*

Nice product.

Does the bottle contain a UV-C filter so we are not exposed directly to the light source during decontamination?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Jekell View Post
    To be honest it seems to be just a larger, bulkier, heavier, more complicated version of the Steripen line of products.

At least the Steripen line is able to adapt to different bottle types while the Camelbak version is restricted to their bottle.
    Pretty sure the Camelbak lids screw onto any standard Nalgene threaded bottle (that said I haven't watched the video, they may have changed it, but I know my "better bottle" lids go straight onto my Nalgenes, and vice-versa)
    flashlight collector by day
    flashlight user by night

Clicked on it & it took me to a photobucket page that even when I turned off Addblock plus showed nothing.
    Hmmm. My apologies then. Not sure why that would happen. I'm trying real hard not to be a youtube shill but I may need to use it afterall...

Quote Originally Posted by ~Deicide~ View Post
    Nice product.

Does the bottle contain a UV-C filter so we are not exposed directly to the light source during decontamination?
    I am not sure of any UVC filter in the body of the bottle but it is a concern in that during the demo and as she was holding the cap section with the light toward us you may have noticed that I began to turn the light area down and asked her to turn the light off.
    Stuart

Hmmm. My apologies then. Not sure why that would happen. I'm trying real hard not to be a youtube shill but I may need to use it afterall...

Quote Originally Posted by ~Deicide~ View Post
    Nice product.

I am not sure of any UVC filter in the body of the bottle but it is a concern in that during the demo and as she was holding the cap section with the light toward us you may have noticed that I began to turn the light area down and asked her to turn the light off.
    Stuart

Flashaholic*

Rechargeable is great, but what if it dies while I'm out? I'd prefer it if I could carry back-up cr123's...seeing as I already have a few with me when Im in the woods....

edit: looks like rechargeability is just an option, not sure though.
    Last edited by smokelaw1; 01-31-2012 at 10:55 AM.