Camelbak All Clear @ SHOT 2012

StuGatz

Enlightened
The Camelbak All Clear water purification system (as introduced at SHOT 2012) will be available at retailers in March 2012. It appears to be a nice compact self contained system that uses UV to render the little waterborne uglies unable to kick you in the proverbial guts. However, I personally believe that the debris screen should be included with the package but I'm not a marketing kind of guy.

CLICK THE PIC:

DSC05301.jpg

DSC05304.jpg

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
To be honest it seems to be just a larger, bulkier, heavier, more complicated version of the Steripen line of products.

At least the Steripen line is able to adapt to different bottle types while the Camelbak version is restricted to their bottle.

StuGatz

Enlightened
Nice video but my video had a prettier presenter. :) CLICK THE PIC baby... :)

I agree about the limitations but it is a nice alternative...

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
Clicked on it & it took me to a photobucket page that even when I turned off Addblock plus showed nothing.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
To be honest it seems to be just a larger, bulkier, heavier, more complicated version of the Steripen line of products.

At least the Steripen line is able to adapt to different bottle types while the Camelbak version is restricted to their bottle.
Pretty sure the Camelbak lids screw onto any standard Nalgene threaded bottle (that said I haven't watched the video, they may have changed it, but I know my "better bottle" lids go straight onto my Nalgenes, and vice-versa)

StuGatz

Enlightened
Clicked on it & it took me to a photobucket page that even when I turned off Addblock plus showed nothing.

Hmmm. My apologies then. Not sure why that would happen. I'm trying real hard not to be a youtube shill but I may need to use it afterall... :confused::whistle:

Nice product.

Does the bottle contain a UV-C filter so we are not exposed directly to the light source during decontamination?

I am not sure of any UVC filter in the body of the bottle but it is a concern in that during the demo and as she was holding the cap section with the light toward us you may have noticed that I began to turn the light area down and asked her to turn the light off.

StuGatz

Enlightened

Hmmm. My apologies then. Not sure why that would happen. I'm trying real hard not to be a youtube shill but I may need to use it afterall... :confused::whistle:

Nice product.

Does the bottle contain a UV-C filter so we are not exposed directly to the light source during decontamination?

I am not sure of any UVC filter in the body of the bottle but it is a concern in that during the demo and as she was holding the cap section with the light toward us you may have noticed that I began to turn the light area down and asked her to turn the light off.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rechargeable is great, but what if it dies while I'm out? I'd prefer it if I could carry back-up cr123's...seeing as I already have a few with me when Im in the woods....

edit: looks like rechargeability is just an option, not sure though.

Last edited: