Battery Junction
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fenix LD30, LD41, LD50

Default Re: Fenix LD30, LD41, LD50

The idea they have adopted for their E series lights, a TIR lens, now makes me think if Fenix gained some way in using this type of optics. I have an E05, an E11 and an E15 in the mail now. I guess they can give an idea of what Fenix may have achieved in LD 30 and 50. Throwy but ugly beams I guess. Maybe the optics contribute the OTF lumens?

I have been playing with some TIR lenses for a week. A mismatched optic makes a total mess, and the beam out of a reflector is almost perfect. You're right. My TK lights also have greenish tints. I would definitely prefer a more natural white.

According to Fenix the LD30, LD41, and LD50 will be released sometime late April. So we shouldn't have too terribly much longer to wait.
    "Maybe you should just stick to fire on a stick... it's received excellent reviews here - plus it's a time tested design..."

Quote Originally Posted by SimulatedZero View Post
    According to Fenix the LD30, LD41, and LD50 will be released sometime late April. So we shouldn't have too terribly much longer to wait.
    Has anyone heard of any other focusable Fenix lights coming out besides the LD50?

Something in the TK series would be nice.

I actually like the look of the LD41 although I'm not sure about the flared tail standing end. It looks as if it might make it less comfortable to hold and pocket carry.

My Streamlight pro-polymer 4AA is still one of my favourite form factors. It's just a shame that they haven't updated the Luxeon LED.

I'm considering buying a TK41 but thinking it might be worth waiting to see how the LD50 compares throw vs. comfort and UI. From the pictures do folks think the LD50 will be a lot more pocketable, or just a little bit more so? I assume from the reflector size that the LD50 will likely not out throw the TK41...?

Listen, if you want a beast thrower, take the TK41, I have it and it is awesome!

LD50 seems to have a TIR lens on it. These lenses usually throw well in a small diameter. It may give a no spill, pure throw beam at the throw end. It is a zoomie after all.

Wow, that would be cool and the first Fenix to have a lense system.

Well, April is almost over...anyone heard anything more on these?

Quote Originally Posted by jduck View Post
    Well, April is almost over...anyone heard anything more on these?
    Heard/read nothing.
    “Videre Nec Videri”

I inquired about the release date of the Fenix HL30 headlamp and the Fenix LD41 flashlight a few weeks ago and they told me that they would do their best to release them as soon as possible sometime in May.

Hope this helps.

These should come out sometimes this month then.
    We mostly come out at night...mostly

Maybe, it wouldn't surprise me if we saw more delays. Things like this are very common in retail. There tend to be a whole bunch of snags that pop up and delay the whole thing. It wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't come out in June. Though it would be nice.
    "Maybe you should just stick to fire on a stick... it's received excellent reviews here - plus it's a time tested design..."

Maybe, it wouldn't surprise me if we saw more delays. Things like this are very common in retail. There tend to be a whole bunch of snags that pop up and delay the whole thing. It wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't come out in June. Though it would be nice.
    This is real common in our flashlight world. I learned not to take release dates seriously anymore. I am happy with my JetBeam PA40.
    The biggest let down for me was the Q50. I'd rather have it come out later then sooner if there are obstacles to work out.

Flashaholic*

The LD50 and 30 seems to have some kind of optics if I saw it correctly, could it be a complete flood light? That would be cool.

Can't wait for the LD50, any more news on this?
    "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

Quote Originally Posted by yliu View Post
    The LD50 and 30 seems to have some kind of optics if I saw it correctly, could it be a complete flood light? That would be cool.
    I'm with ^^. A bigger, more powerful version of my E05 would be great.

I also read somewhere that these lights will use zoom optics, that would be awesome.
    Everybody minds about their make-up, while they should be making their minds up.

My flashlight collection.

I owned the olight s65. I wonder if the LD50 will be even bigger. I sold it and bought a PA40 again. Favorite multi AA light.

Shouldn't Fenix LD50 be Fenix "LD60"? Afterall, LD20 = 2AA, LD30 = 3AA, "LD60"=6AA, It just makes more sense that way

Sure would be nice if Fenix would release these, or at least the LD50 for me..

I've had the time-for-a-new-light itch ever since I saw pics of the LD50... now I'm just tired of waiting for it.
    The last thing I saw, with a release date, was a 2012 product catalog giving it a May release.

I'm starting to wonder if the DX knockoffs will be out before the light is.

I talked to Fenix's customer support a couple weeks ago and they told that the LD50 was still in its testing phase and didn't have a release date set as of yet. :/

Enlightened

Got an email today from Fenix Outfitters stating the E40 and the LD41 will be shipping July 10th but no word on the LD50 & LD30. Special promotional bundle : LD41 + Tenergy smart charger + 4 NiMH batts for $82.95. That's the one I'm going for. (520lm, 10k lux)

Still think the TK35 is the best light Fenix makes if you want brightest output in the smallest package.

Had the LD50 yesterday in my hands It's still a prototype- and Fenix hasn't set a date yet to release it. Have seen how the focus works and how it looks. And can tell you, it's very,very, very bad. No spot at all, only flood.
    Fenix has to improve this light, otherwise people will leave this light on the shelf.
    “Videre Nec Videri”

Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    Had the LD50 yesterday in my hands It's still a prototype- and Fenix hasn't set a date yet to release it. Have seen how the focus works and how it looks. And can tell you, it's very,very, very bad. No spot at all, only flood.
    Fenix has to improve this light, otherwise people will leave this light on the shelf.
    So what, it has super floody and mostly floody as focus points?

So what, it has super floody and mostly floody as focus points?
    It is so floody, it's almost completely useless. Think it will do 20-30meters and then it stops.
    “Videre Nec Videri”

Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    It is so floody, it's almost completely useless. Think it will do 20-30meters and then it stops.
    You're making it sound as though the light has a fixed focus and isn't variable. If it does have a viable, variable focus system then the final production version may be able to focus down more.

You're making it sound as though the light has a fixed focus and isn't variable. If it does have a viable, variable focus system then the final production version may be able to focus down more.
    For what I have seen on the prototype-sample, there isn't much of a difference between completely focused in- and completely focused out.
    “Videre Nec Videri”

Geez what's with all the hating on floody lights anyway? I prefer flood to throw. If the XML TK70 was in as small as a package as the TK45, that small tripple XML light would be my light of choice.