Where are the Trolls

PayBack

Enlightened
I logged back on here after a brief holiday and noted something I've seen on the front page for some time... about the place being friendly.

And that got me thinking about all the forums I've used, and the fact this forum has far too few trolls for the number of users.

Sure there are fights over Surefire etc, and some deluded people who think warmer is better than brighter ;) and even I've been in some heated discussions about amber light and fog...

However despite this, CPF seems to have way less Trolls than any other forum I've used. Sure, Youtube seems to be a Troll magnet but them being there doesn't stop them going to other forums.

Does this mean Flashaholics are just naturally nicer people than the average person online? Are Trolls afraid of the light? Or have I just been lucky over the years and missed most of the trolling threads? I do expect a good chunk of credit would need to go to the Mods and Admins but that can't explain it all?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Trolls are remotely detonated

parkingg.gif

HIDblue

Enlightened
Give props to the Mods and Admins...they seem to run a pretty tight ship around here. God bless 'em.

Z-Tab

Enlightened
It's nice that a lot of the manufacturers have an active presence on the boards. Trolls would very quickly ruin that.

Imon

Enlightened
I also think that most flashaholics recognize that there are different lights for different needs.
Sure there are arguments about throw vs flood, warm vs cool, and LED vs incan but ultimately different people have different needs.
I think it's nice to have such a diversity of lights. How boring would this forum be if all we talked about was Maglites?

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Huge props to mods for keeping the place tidy, for sure. :thumbsup:

Also, it seems that the forum attracts, in general, hard-working intelligent people who are interested in being prepared to help themselves and others. The scuzzy underbelly of society that feeds on controversial themes and posts garbage on so many sites doesn't appear to gravitate here, nor would they be welcome. :scowl:

yifu

Enlightened
The mods for sure help keep it all tidy. It's very easy to spot a troll so they get banned pretty quick.

Flashlight Enthusiast
it means the admins and the dinosaurs here step right up and have a zero BS policy
and never argue. there is the law, and that is it... no whining and also no unjust nagging by mods

it is simply well managed by reasonable peeps

believe me I want to be a troll so bad about some flashlights that are simply the
ugliest creations man has ever forged, yet people fawn over them. must.bite.tongue :D

Last edited:

JudasD

Enlightened
I think that it is due to a general love of flashlights. Even if someone does push that x is better than y, there seems to be enough of an understanding when pros and cons are expressed for the statement in question. This is something that i have not seen in other forums of my hobbies. This prevents many arguments.

With that being said, Chevy is better than Ford. :nana:

JD

trevordurden

Newly Enlightened
For whatever reason, it seems like people here understand the difference between fact and opinion. Sometimes it surprises me how many people can't see the world objectively rather than subjectively.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
DM51 keeps them locked up in a cage in the plane of Oblivion...after he devours their souls of course...:devil:

:nana:

Last edited:

ragweed

Enlightened
Some people here view a person as a Troll if he has a different opinion about their favorite light. Not everyone likes what you like & vice versa. Heated arguments about a product are not automatically Trollish in nature but, different opinions about a product. The Mods do a great job here at monitoring this Forum & my Thanks to them for it!!