• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Found: Bored Surefire 6P Original

Status
Not open for further replies.

write2dgray

Enlightened
I'm looking for an old Surefire 6P Bored for 18650 - the type with the round bezel, line knurling on the head, and the tail marked "Laser Products Fountain Valley CA, SureFire 6P."

Let me know if you've got one of these old guys around in good condition you'd like to sell.

Cheers,
David

Last edited by a moderator:

nbp

Flashaholic
Re: WTB: Surefire 6P Original

:wave:

This subforum is just for Custom stuff. You will need to repost this ad in the WTB section of the MP.

write2dgray

Enlightened
Re: WTB: Bored Surefire 6P Original

My apologies nbp, and thanks for pointing it out - I definitely missed that finer point. If it is pre-bored would that make it custom? 'Cause that would be terrific :).

In fact I'm looking for a Surefire 6P to use as a host with 18650s, so bored to 18mm would be perfect, although this is also something I could do myself here.

If this thread needs to be closed, please confirm and I will happily oblige.

Last edited by a moderator:

Norm

Retired Administrator

I've edited you title and the body of your thread, it now fits comfortable within the custom fourum :) - Norm

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast

Your best bet is probably going to be buying one and having it bored; they are few and far between in the unmodded state so what you are looking for is a rarity!

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast

You only might have luck on flea markets, or E-Bay, or ...
+ have the original been bored for 18650.

other possibility:
get a model at oveready and choose the head with the hex removed.
Or one of the mooddolar bodies + P60 adapter + hex removed head
That way You get something comparable without the ugly hex "anti-roll device"

(+ choose McKlicky switch immediately)

Member Donn has an original 6P for sale over at the Market Place every once-in-a-while. I tried searching his threads, but that function has been disabled. Perhaps you could send him a e-mail @
email.jpg

And yes, you'er probably going to need to have it bored, don't think you'er going to find one already done.

Best of luck with your search,

~ Chance

Last edited:

write2dgray

Enlightened

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I don't mind boring it myself, but in keeping with the custom forum here ;) I'm looking for it bored. Email sent to Donn as well - thanks Chauncey.

Have a great weekend all!

Cheers,
David

Hi Neighbor David,

You're welcome. Here's one I sold to Donn last year. Depending on if there's enough wall thickness to allow for boring to 1800 size, :confused: I don't think you'll want to run a high lumen producing drop-in for extended periods. The light would become hot pretty fast.

Time to head outside and do some more clean-up from the ice storm.

~ Chance

CIMG3044.JPG

write2dgray

Enlightened

Ice storm!?! We've had three days of the most glorious sun in Seattle.

That's a gem of a 6P there, and may be the same one Donn mentioned by email. Let's save that beauty for a collector, not a modder like myself :). I'm more likely looking for one that's seen a little carry and wear for the project I have in mind.

Best wishes in Washington Chance! If you ever need help with batteries/chargers hit me up, that's my area of expertise.

Cheers,
David

Hi David,

Yes, the ice storm from last month. I'm still in the process of removing the debris. 3,000 pounds so far, and at least two more full-size pickup truck loads to go. :ohgeez:
Everything I'm hauling away is too small for firewood, just branches.....

cimg3859c.jpg

The most painful loss was a Bloodgood Japanese Maple my wife and I planted 19 years ago. It was pulverized by a huge falling branch. :(

Thanks for the heads-up on batteries. I'll keep you in mind.

~ Chance

precisionworks

Flashaholic

looking for an old Surefire 6P Bored for 18650 - the type with the round bezel, line knurling on the head, and the tail marked "Laser Products Fountain Valley CA, SureFire 6P."
As others have said this may be a challenge to find. I've worked on a lot of 6P's and have seen only one. When you find "the original" version grab it quickly.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi David,

Yes, the ice storm from last month. I'm still in the process of removing the debris. 3,000 pounds so far, and at least two more full-size pickup truck loads to go. :ohgeez:
Everything I'm hauling away is too small for firewood, just branches.....

cimg3859c.jpg

The most painful loss was a Bloodgood Japanese Maple my wife and I planted 19 years ago. It was pulverized by a huge falling branch. :(

Thanks for the heads-up on batteries. I'll keep you in mind.

~ Chance

I love snowboarding and I often wish I lived in a country where it snowed more. But then I see things like this and thank my lucky stars our winters rarely break zero* degrees!

*Celsius of course

rhowell309

Newly Enlightened
I didn't know these old soldiers were in demand. I think this one meets your description except for condition. It spent a lot of time as a duty light from 1993-2003. Just sits in my gun bag for range use now. Your post has inspired me to look at some updates for it.

446171a9-e4b1-2ace.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

write2dgray

Enlightened

Light bump here (pun intended) - Happy President's day and let me know if anyone's got one of these old 6Ps collecting dust that needs a new home :).

yifu

Enlightened

Well, if you're goanna use it as a user light why not just settle for a new 6P bored host available on overready or on bugsy's cpfmp thread?

write2dgray

Enlightened

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm patient, so I'm sure I'll find one and I like the old style and class on the round bodies. The plan is to bore it and likely cerakote it, so it doesn't have to be particularly pretty :).

Status
Not open for further replies.