Spidereyes headlight

trout

Enlightened
Just wanted to share my Spidereyes headlight

it started as a helmet light for mountain biking but added to a headband it makes a great
night dogwalking light.

IMG_1155.jpg

Specs are

2 of Ahortons aspheric lenses with XML leds behind
slightly defocused so as to spread the beam a little as I found it a bit narrow when the die image was sharp.

and 2 xpgs wired in parallel and then series with the two XMLs with the carclo 10 mm optics to provide some close up flood also usefull on the bike .

driver is a Taskled H6Flex running at 2.8 amps

the battery I use is a 14.8 volt 2.6 amp hour Li Ion and it pulls 1.8 amps on full but full is mental bright and only really used on technical downhills on the bike
for night dog walking I use level 3 which only draws .5 amp so giving a good burntime

hopkins

Enlightened
Trout - Looks slick! With the headlamp angle adjusted for walking how much down scatter
light is illuminating your face? picture? (wear a mask to protect your identity..etc)

Down scattered light is something many headlamp designers forget about. Photons hitting
the nose, cheeks or eyebrows, directly from the business end of the headlamp, is bad unless you are in
a Hollywood movie where more is better.

trout

Enlightened
Trout - Looks slick! With the headlamp angle adjusted for walking how much down scatter
light is illuminating your face? picture? (wear a mask to protect your identity..etc)

Down scattered light is something many headlamp designers forget about. Photons hitting
the nose, cheeks or eyebrows, directly from the business end of the headlamp, is bad unless you are in
a Hollywood movie where more is better.

Gave it a try with out the hat and nothing distracting shining onto my face when walking bit bouncy when running

@ Ryguy2400
That is what it was designed for a helmet light for mtb ers