• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: *SOLD* Willie Hunt LVR3I PWM regulators

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
*ALL SOLD*

For sale are 6 Willie Hunt LVR3I Pulse width modulated regulators:

6-lvr3is.jpg

The voltage out setpoint is 6.8 volts DC-equivalent, and can not be changed without changing one of the surface mount resistors (I don't know which one, but there are threads about how to do this.) This voltage is perfect for driving the SF MN21, MN16, P91, MN11, or the Welch Allyn 01111-u, or the StreamLight SL-35X LA.

There is no low-voltage cut-off programed in, but there is a "warning flashes" level set for 8.3 volts. Thus these regulators are perfect for 8 or more NiMH cells, or three or more Li-ion cells, although input voltage should not exceed 17 volts.

lvr3i_top.jpg

There is no ON/OFF button on the board, and the FET is separate and must be remote mounted. Four of these already have the FET remote mounted, as can be seen in the top photo above. However, in two of them, you must solder lead wires to it and to the back of the board. Or you could probably solder it directly to the back of the board. The topmost FET lead in the above picture is the Gate, and what I will label lead #1, the middle lead is #2, and the bottom one, #3.

lvr3i_back.jpg

Lead #1 must be soldered to the electrical area indicated by the point of the topmost toothpick in this photo. The toothpick is pointing to a solder hole (via), but any place electrically common with that via is appropriate. Lead #2 must be soldered to the big square patch or to the small via indicated by the rightmost toothpick point. And lead #3 must be soldered to the via indicated by the bottom leftmost toothpick point, or to any place on the electrically common area. For the M6-R project, I didn't use the vias and soldered to the square area and to the little surface mount type solder pads nearest it.

More information on the LVR's can be found at Willie Hunt's Lightbulb Voltage Regulators page.

Cost for one of these is $15 each, shipping included (for those living inside USA--for those outside, shipping may be a bit more). No tracking and no insurance, unless arranged for specially.

I accept PayPal (any kind) only. If you want one or more of these, please POST "I'll take it/them" and details on which ones you want, below. Feel free to direct questions either to this thread or via PM.

*ALL SOLD*

Last edited:

wquiles

Flashaholic
Re: FS: Willie Hunt LVR3I PWM regulators

I wanted to not only bump Jim's thread, but also speak as to how totally awesome these regulators are!

Jim sold me a few of those a couple of years back, and they work great. Not only that, but as Jim states above, you can make small changes to the set voltage, as I discuss here in this thread where I change the set voltage from 6.8 to 7.5 volts.

Willie Hunt does not make these often/anymore, so this is your chance to get some outstanding drivers for your custom regulated incandescent project :D

Will

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Will!

Thanks for the bump and link to your thread. I was thinking of that and that I should put a link to it.

PM sent.

wquiles

Flashaholic

Hey Will!

Thanks for the bump and link to your thread. I was thinking of that and that I should put a link to it.

PM sent.

Got the PM, and happy that they got sold promptly - these regulators are awesome :)

Will

Per PM: I'll take them. :thumbsup:
Scott, if you need any help/advice, please feel free to contact me - I will gladly help you any way I can ;)

Will