My 2 Latest XM-L U2 Builds...

jayrob

Enlightened
Just showing my 2 latest personal builds, and comparing two different hosts, using the same drivers and emitters...

I'm using the XM-L U2 emitters with these. 1C bin...

For both builds, I am also using the 8 X 7135 V2 (3040mA) drivers, which have about 7 or 8 different modes. (configurable) I like just 2 modes. Medium and High. And I have both of these builds configured for those 2 modes...

U2 1.jpg

U2 2.jpg

U2 3.jpg

U2 4.jpg

The Maglite 'Stubby' is using a Feilong 6000mAh 32650 (I have these available), and the custom Stainless Steel host is using a 4000mAh 26650...
U2 5.jpg

U2 6.jpg

Beam shots: (75' to the lounge chair on top of my cave)

Maglite Stubby...
U2 7.jpg

U2 8.jpg

Custom Stainless Host...
U2 9.jpg

U2 10.jpg

Here's a picture of the cool effect using Fiddy's custom Glow-rings. Thanks Mitch! :thanks:

He bought the highest quality premium green glow power and some 2mm silicone tubing to make these custom sized Glow-rings...

U2 11.jpg

I love both of these builds...

However the Maglite Stubby is of course better for throw, as well as run time.

But the cool custom Stainless host is oh so sweet... :D And has plenty of throw. Even though it has more flood...

Big thanks to lazeerer for sharing his source with me for that awesome host!
beer.gif

Last edited:

Fiddy

Newly Enlightened
Lookin good Jay!

Hmmmm those are nice builds but that glow ring's the part that has me interested haha...

Hehe i did the glow rings for jayrob, pm me if you would like some :p

CMAG

Enlightened
Hi, Jayrob I saw your CPFMP thread for the 32650 but can't find it anymore also the link for them on this thread dont work. Do you still have these?
BTW your M@G builds are A#1, still have your 100w ican. Thinking on your stubby XML

jayrob

Enlightened
Hi, Jayrob I saw your CPFMP thread for the 32650 but can't find it anymore also the link for them on this thread dont work. Do you still have these?
BTW your M@G builds are A#1, still have your 100w ican. Thinking on your stubby XML

Fixed the link...

Yes I have them on hand! Let me know when your ready for the stubby build! :)

Sending pm...