Smallest 1 x AAA clicky?

recDNA

Flashaholic
I've been reading some threads here today about some really nice looking small AA and AAA twisties. The thing is I really, really hate twisties but I would love a clicky small enough for my keyring.

I'm not looking for a mod like the famous pd1/leef combo. I don't want to spend that much money.

Is there such a thing as a AAA clicky small enough for keyring use?

If not what is the smallest cr123 clicky? At one time I had a p1d on my keyring so I know we're not talking tiny here but I do want something smaller than a p1d. (Again no mods please).

Thanks!

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been reading some threads here today about some really nice looking small AA and AAA twisties. The thing is I really, really hate twisties but I would love a clicky small enough for my keyring.

I'm not looking for a mod like the famous pd1/leef combo. I don't want to spend that much money.

Is there such a thing as a AAA clicky small enough for keyring use?

If not what is the smallest cr123 clicky? At one time I had a p1d on my keyring so I know we're not talking tiny here but I do want something smaller than a p1d. (Again no mods please).

Thanks!

zebralight makes small cr123 click button lights, probably the smallest (not discontinued) of any cr123 twist or click, and with many modes.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
check out eagtac d25 series with clickies. should be small enough for keychain.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the smallest AAA clicky in my arsenal.

74520598.jpg

85415258.jpg

CQG S1 Neutral. Almost the same length as LD01 but waaaay thinner, and with a clicky.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
i dont think that the eagtac clickies are available yet. the cqg s1 isnt it too heavy-ish for keychain carry? i prefer 13g lights.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
At that size, not at all. It's thin, but that's ok since it's SS.

recDNA

Flashaholic
zebralight makes small cr123 click button lights, probably the smallest (not discontinued) of any cr123 twist or click, and with many modes.

They're too fat for keychain aren't they? Do you know which is the smallest?

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
4sevens preon with the preon 2 clicky tail. Going gear has the preon onsale right now but I think u would have to get the tail from 4sevens

recDNA

Flashaholic

74520598.jpg

85415258.jpg

CQG S1 Neutral. Almost the same length as LD01 but waaaay thinner, and with a clicky.

How is the clicky on it?
Is 3 inches too long for a keychain?

Last edited:

bugout

Newly Enlightened

74520598.jpg

85415258.jpg

Do want! That is some fine minimalist design. Do you like the beam compared to the others?

Kokopelli

Enlightened
Isn't CQG S1 single mode? I'm waiting for S2 in the mail. didn't buy S1 because of the single mode.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
I noticed that shiningbeam.com have some AAA clickies. They're called HypeTac. Never tried one and don't own one, but it it's from SB, it's gotta be good.

Also, there is the
THRUNITE TI.

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
I noticed that shiningbeam.com have some AAA clickies. They're called HypeTac. Never tried one and don't own one, but it it's from SB, it's gotta be good.

Also, there is the
THRUNITE TI.
I am used to carrying the 4sevens mini 123 on my keyring but it broke. Is the thrunite small enough for a keyring?

AlphaZen

Enlightened
I am used to carrying the 4sevens mini 123 on my keyring but it broke. Is the thrunite small enough for a keyring?
Yes, but it's a twisty. It is a bit different, because you twist for low and keep twisting for high, rather than twisting back and forth.

HIDblue

Enlightened
Streamlight Microstream...1xAAA with a FORWARD clicky and it screams on a 10440. It only comes with a fixed pocket clip so you'd probably have to find a way to make it fit a keychain ring, but I think it's a great little AAA light...and it only costs about $18.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Thanks but the keychain ring is a must. Its the only reason I don't use the mini 123 any more. The hole for the keychain ring got bigger and bigger then broke.