Foxfury Scout
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Smallest 1 x AAA clicky?

Default Re: Smallest 1 x AAA clicky?

Honestly not being flippant, just hate twisties. Want clicky. Electronic or mechanical but must stay on once clicked. Key criteria is at least a low and a high (understanding I'll probably get more modes than I want), very bright high (prefer xpg2 but open to other options not fussy about tint), a keychain eyelet, small and light enough to actually carry on a keychain. CR2 would be nice but I've never seen a clicky that uses CR2.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Didn't read the whole thread and don't know if these were mentioned. The only 2 1xAAA clickies I know of are the Lumapower LM21 EDC and the Streamlight Microstream (only 1 mode).
    I don't like 1xAAA clickies - too small and the switches are usually stiff and hard to use. To each, his own.

I'll check them out. I want to use 10440. You don't happen to know if either can use li ion without toasting led?

Not the Lumapower. There is a CPF thread and youtube video about the Streamlight Microstream running on an Ultrafire 10440. I have an AW 10440 and it didn't light up. Didn't burn up, just didn't light up.

Thanks, sounds like I need to keep looking. I don't think it has a keychain eyelet either.

You can stick a clicky switch on a Preon body too and it is pretty small and AAA but I carried one like this for a while and never really loved it and gifted it away.
    The pocket clip has a hole that you could use for keychain attachment too.

Can you add a clicky end to the new FourSevens Atom A0 Titanium?

Quote Originally Posted by franklin_planner View Post
    Can you add a clicky end to the new FourSevens Atom A0 Titanium?
    I think the design is the same as the Preon 0, so no.

Didnt read the whole thread but...Lumintop Tool is a great option. Its what I would buy if I wanted a keychain clicky for sure. Its got two modes(Low and High) with perfect regulation and runtime and its about as small as a aaa clicky can get.

Also selfbuilt has a review which is always nice.
    Last edited by Quality; 09-02-2013 at 07:17 AM.

Ideally I would like more umph.

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    Ideally I would like more umph.

I know what you mean which is why I'm currently waiting for a company to come out with a better aaa light. There really aren't that many choices for aaa. It doesn't get much better than the 80-100 lumens on an eneloop.

10440 is another option but then you don't get long run times.

I intend to use 10440. I don't need run time from a keychain light.

I intend to use 10440. I don't need run time from a keychain light.

Then all you need to do is select any AAA light that has the modes you want in a clicky that "officially" supports 10440. Essentially they are all the same with minute differences in brightness.

If you can locate a tank007 AAA with a clicky that might be your best value. Its also one of the brightest and "throwiest".

Also keep in mind that a lot of these AAA sized lights have interchangeable parts, so if you find the perfect light for you in a twisty style, you can likely make it a clicky relatively cheaply.

I just thought I'd let people know that the current 3-mode version of the CQG S1 is both longer and thicker than the 1-mode version they sold a year or so ago.

So the good news is that CQG have them back in stock - the bad news is that it's bigger than it used to be.

Flashaholic*

recDNA, did you ever find your light?

I am in the same boat, regarding wanting a CLICKY, although I don't really intend to use a 10440.

My biggest preference, besides a minimum of 70 or so lumens, is that it has either just a single mode or a UI that turns on in HIGH first. Haven't found it yet.

The MicroStream was the closest thing I have owned, but it's not real bright. By the way, I used mine on my key chain for a while and had no problems as a key chain light. Although attaching to the clip was not ideal, it worked.
    "We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." Plato

My favorite the Lumapower LM21 (XP-G2 with Efest 10440), then the PA01, ....the worst the E10.

(Sorry, mistake, in the pic is a CQG S1)
    Last edited by Trevilux; 12-31-2013 at 07:58 AM.
    In my pocket: Zebralight SC-52 In my keychain: DQGIII R4 In my car: Nitecore MT1A
    At home: D40A-EA4-EC25-C20C-C15A-D25A Clicky-EA1-MT1C-P1A-P2A-P1C-M11R-MSC10-RRT0-RRT01 ......

Quote Originally Posted by jbrett14 View Post
    recDNA, did you ever find your light?

I am in the same boat, regarding wanting a CLICKY, although I don't really intend to use a 10440.

My biggest preference, besides a minimum of 70 or so lumens, is that it has either just a single mode or a UI that turns on in HIGH first. Haven't found it yet.

The MicroStream was the closest thing I have owned, but it's not real bright. By the way, I used mine on my key chain for a while and had no problems as a key chain light. Although attaching to the clip was not ideal, it worked.
    Nope, still looking

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3

Flashaholic*

Trevilux, that Lumapower looks like the switch sticks way too far out. Fine for a shirt pocket but I don't think it would do well in pants pocket (accident activation?).
    "We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." Plato

I'm actually looking for a key chain light. I use a carabiner belt clip so pocket activation not an issue. Everything is just too big. When I started this thread I was hoping to goose Oveready to dream up something but probably not enough interest in big money little light.

I think the only way to do it is with an electronic clicky.

Last edited by recDNA; 12-31-2013 at 08:39 AM.

jbrett14:

Accidental activation is not easy, but possible.
    Momentary on is easy. Really LM21 is not a pants pocket flashlight.
    Last edited by Trevilux; 12-31-2013 at 08:43 AM.
    In my pocket: Zebralight SC-52 In my keychain: DQGIII R4 In my car: Nitecore MT1A
    At home: D40A-EA4-EC25-C20C-C15A-D25A Clicky-EA1-MT1C-P1A-P2A-P1C-M11R-MSC10-RRT0-RRT01 ......

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Trevilux View Post
    jbrett14:

Accidental activation is not easy, but possible.
    Momentary on is easy. Really LM21 is not a pants pocket flashlight.
    Thanks for the info.

Flashaholic*

I'm actually looking for a key chain light. I use a carabiner belt clip so pocket activation not an issue. Everything is just too big. When I started this thread I was hoping to goose Oveready to dream up something but probably not enough interest in big money little light.

I think the only way to do it is with an electronic clicky.

You just gave me an idea to carry my Zebralight SC51 instead of trying to pocket carry a AAA model. Hmmm

I'm currently carrying an eagletac d25c this way but it is kinda huge. I actually wish I went with the xpg2 model instead of the xml though.

Flashaholic*

Yeah, a bit large. Looks like you have good taste in automobiles. :-)

Any chance you might consider something a little smaller than the AAA format?

The CQG S3 uses an AAAA battery (includes one and a charging adapter), and comes in at about 2.5". I might try one down the road myself. Wish it didn't have strobe though.
    Click Here to view my lights

Quote Originally Posted by jbrett14 View Post
    Yeah, a bit large. Looks like you have good taste in automobiles. :-)
    LOL, ya inexpensive cars that seldom need service.

Quote Originally Posted by moshow9 View Post
    Any chance you might consider something a little smaller than the AAA format?

The CQG S3 uses an AAAA battery (includes one and a charging adapter), and comes in at about 2.5". I might try one down the road myself. Wish it didn't have strobe though.
    Probably too exotic for me but if you get one let us know how you like it

Any clicky switches for the Innova Xs?

I have one, but the twisty is a bit of a challenge for one-handed use.

The momentary is nice, but pretty stiff, which I guess is desirable if pocket carrying.

I sure wish it had a pocket clip.

If it had a clicky and a clip, it would replace the Microstream that I carry clipped inside my back pocket.

What can you tell me about the Tank007 E10?

I've had difficulty identifying the switch sequence, what the low and medium light levels are and duration in medium mode.

Also, is it a forward or reverse clicky?

Thanks.