Foxfury Breakthrough

Thread: waiting on my order still has not come yet mac...? ordered my flashlight on "Dec.15th

Help waiting on my order still has not come yet mac...? ordered my flashlight on "Dec.15th

where is my flashlight and yet i have emailed you and still nothing how can i contact mac customs with no contact number on site??? wondering where it is? money has been taken out of my credit card on dec. 15 too i have a receipt but no flashlight and its already feb.6th!????? 2012 please help. jason m. Seattle, wa.

Default Re: waiting on my order still has not come yet mac...? ordered my flashlight on "Dec.

OK, breathe.

Generally, I thought there was upto three months lead time on these, depending on his list. And then, in the middle of the first month of your order...Xmas and NY.

I am SURE he's taking care of it. Relax. It's a guy and a lathe, not a factory with robots.

obi
    Stay sharp and bright for life.
    Have your knife and light handy at all times.
    Sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

Default Re: waiting on my order still has not come yet mac...? ordered my flashlight on "Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by Obijuan Kenobe View Post
    OK, breathe.

Generally, I thought there was upto three months lead time on these, depending on his list. And then, in the middle of the first month of your order...Xmas and NY.

I am SURE he's taking care of it. Relax. It's a guy and a lathe, not a factory with robots.

obi
    +1

Mac is a great guy, although, very busy. His products are well worth the wait.

S1LVA
    I used to be afraid of the dark. Now, the dark is afraid of me.

Not to worry...
    I've got two coming also. Mac's GREAT!!!

His notes on his listings say that he will be out on family business 2/5 - 2/11.

"good things come to those that wait"

iflyjts

I've waited 9 or 10 weeks a couple of times. As everyone else has said, it'll be worth the wait

Need to start a 'patiently and happily waiting for one of Mac's lights' thread for people to vent!

I've had one take a couple weeks when I was expecting it to take months...

One last year took 10 months! My own fault for repeatedly missing Mac's emails with a question about the light's finish !!!! So long I even forgot that I had ordered it and ordered another one!

Jjmseattle, I feel your frustration too, sir. Over the past couple of weeks, I've sent a few emails along with a PM in regards to a tri that I ordered in December but haven't seen a response. Like the others stated though, I too have ordered lights in the past and received them within three months.

When ordering from Mac, expect really slow response times to your inquiries but know it will eventually be offset by really high quality lights. I'm not sure that the latter justifies the former, but it is what it is.

Josh
    Last edited by Vernon; 02-06-2012 at 07:19 PM.
    ...and He separated the light from darkness. Check out my lights.

Quote Originally Posted by upsidedownviking View Post
    So long I even forgot that I had ordered it and ordered another one!
    Dude, You might have problems. Do you need someone to talk to???

Flashaholic*

You have to wait and be patient on a light of Mac's caliber. Once you receive it you'll understand why. Not to worry Mac is subperb to deal with and makes superior products....Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbalsam View Post
    You have to wait and be patient on a light of Mac's caliber. Once you receive it you'll understand why. Not to worry Mac is subperb to deal with and makes superior products....Robert.
    I hear you and agree that Mac makes top notch torches. I do, however, have other custom lights of the same quality (made by one-man shops) and get quick replies to questions and emails along the way. In addition, I get the light in hand within a week of ordering.

To be clear, I love Mac's lights and will continue to order them. I just don't think it's fair to say that a quality product from a one-man shop automatically equals little-to-no response and long wait times. It just so happens that's how Mac runs his business, and we all understand that you just have to roll with it.

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh; trust me, I'm a Mac fan. I show off his lights to my friends all the time. But I also set clear expectations to be patient if you want one. I wonder if it would be helpful to simply state on the website that customers won't receive an order confirmation, to expect email replies within a month, and to expect the product in hand between one and six months (or whatever the best range might be). In all honesty, I think it might cut down on the amount of confusion and frustration for first time buyers.

I personally view the long wait time kind of like I did around Christmas as a kid. The anticipation can be fun when you know there's something special in that unopened package on the front door step.
    Last edited by Vernon; 02-06-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by upsidedownviking View Post
    Need to start a 'patiently and happily waiting for one of Mac's lights' thread for people to vent!

I've had one take a couple weeks when I was expecting it to take months...

One last year took 10 months! My own fault for repeatedly missing Mac's emails with a question about the light's finish !!!! So long I even forgot that I had ordered it and ordered another one!
    I am OK with that, it might lead you to sell one and someone gets a good deal and their first exposure to Mac's lights.

(My SST-50 has led me to order a copper Tri-EDC)

Rich

Mac's work is ALWAYS worth the wait. You'll agree when you get your light.

Karl

Vernon I have one e-mail from you on the 2nd of February at 10pm. Sorry as I had to leave in a hurry for some family related business and didn't have time to answer your email.i did however just answer you pm.

As for order confirmation PayPal sent you a receipt of your order. I guess I need to send another email confirming that I got the order from PayPal? The whole reason I went with the website ordering was to simplify things so people knew exactly what was available and knew exactly what they where ordering.

As for jjmseatle I have no emails and only 3 pm's from the 5th when I as already gone. Both of your lights will ship next week when I return.

As for slow email response I'd rather get lights shipped than spend days answering emails. I due my best but I was trying to get as much shipped before I had to leave so emails and pm's took a hit.

Sorry Mac
    Last edited by cmacclel; 02-07-2012 at 09:53 PM.
    www.macscustoms.com
    *Note* Shipping Insurance must be requested.

Well responded, Mac.

Wilkey

Quote Originally Posted by cmacclel View Post
    Vernon I have one e-mail from you on the 2nd of February at 10pm. Sorry as I had to leave in a hurry for some family related business and didn't have time to answer your email.i did however just answer you pm.

As for order confirmation PayPal sent you a receipt of your order. I guess I need to send another email confirming that I got the order from PayPal? The whole reason I went with the website ordering was to simplify things so people knew exactly what was available and knew exactly what they where ordering.

As for jjmseatle I have no emails and only 3 pm's from the 5th when I as already gone. Both of your lights will ship next week when I return.

As for slow email response I'd rather get lights shipped than spend days answering emails. I due my best but I was trying to get as much shipped before I had to leave so emails and pm's took a hit.

Sorry Mac

Banned

Will mine be in the next shipping serie?

Mac,

You need a secretary

Quote Originally Posted by Ginseng View Post
    Well responded, Mac.

Wilkey

Agreed! I hope my tone didn't get lost in the text.

Mac, I think you're on point with the idea of a confirmation that might include an estimated shipping date. This might allow you to proactively set the expectation based on how busy a particular season might be for you. And it might ultimately cut down on more emails down the road as well.

Thanks for the PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aflashinthenight View Post
    Will mine be in the next shipping serie?
    Yes your will ship next week as well. Sorry for all the spelling mistakes typing from an iPad is brutal.

Mac
    www.macscustoms.com

Hi Mac,

I send you PM too. I hopes mine also in the next week group, otherwise please respond my PM.
    Thanks

Custom craftsmen, that is: Knife makers, gun makers and
    flashlight makers all get 1000 tire-kicker phonecalls/emails
    for every one real customer. Long delivery times are the NORM.
    If you understand this issue and just stay off their backs
    you will get better delivery time.
    Regards, Chuck Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by seahunt View Post
    Custom craftsmen, that is: Knife makers, gun makers and
    flashlight makers all get 1000 tire-kicker phonecalls/emails
    for every one real customer. Long delivery times are the NORM.
    If you understand this issue and just stay off their backs
    you will get better delivery time.
    Regards, Chuck Hunt
    same thing I learned from a custom kydex holster maker I dealt with a year ago.

Just one email from Mac would be nice confirming he got the payment since i've had problems with paypal sending funds before. I've been waiting for 2 months and no word from Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter21 View Post
    Just one email from Mac would be nice confirming he got the payment since i've had problems with paypal sending funds before. I've been waiting for 2 months and no word from Mac.
    Maybe try sending me a PM....if you where concerned about me receiving a payment. Posts like this do nothing as I do not have the slighest clue who you are without an E-Mail address. Maybe I never did get your payment. If you sent a payment via Paypal, Paypal sends you a payment confirmation confirming your sent payment and exactly what was ordered down to the LED tint

Mac
    Last edited by cmacclel; 11-06-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    www.macscustoms.com

Quote Originally Posted by cmacclel View Post
    Maybe try sending me a PM....if you where concerned about me receiving a payment. Posts like this do nothing as I do not have the slighest clue who you are without an E-Mail address. Maybe I never did get your payment. If you sent a payment via Paypal, Paypal sends you a payment confirmation confirming your sent payment and exactly what was ordered down to the LED tint

Mac
    Heres my Unique Transaction ID #58S6609058713840R. i did send you multiple emails about my order but thanks for responding to my post.
    Last edited by Shooter21; 11-06-2012 at 04:45 PM.

i did send you multiple emails about my order but thanks for responding to my post.
    The only E-Mail I received from you was a few days after you placed the order asking if you could add the Glow option. I thought I responded to you as I have your marked down for the "Glow" option.

Mac
    www.macscustoms.com

Thanks for the quick response Mac. Cant wait till i recieve my order, I will be ordering from you again.

well this sucks big time after waiting for 2 months for my copper tri USPS lost it.

Did you insure the light?
    In Him (Jesus Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    Shorty C/D M*glites

well this sucks big time after waiting for 2 months for my copper tri USPS lost it.

PM Sent

And this thread is close as I'm sick of it getting bumped to the top all the time with completely unrelated posts
    www.macscustoms.com