waiting on my order still has not come yet mac...? ordered my flashlight on "Dec.15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjmseattle

Newly Enlightened
waiting on my order still has not come yet mac...? ordered my flashlight on "Dec.15th

where is my flashlight and yet i have emailed you and still nothing how can i contact mac customs with no contact number on site??? wondering where it is? money has been taken out of my credit card on dec. 15 too i have a receipt but no flashlight and its already feb.6th!????? 2012 please help. jason m. Seattle, wa.

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: waiting on my order still has not come yet mac...? ordered my flashlight on "Dec.

OK, breathe.

Generally, I thought there was upto three months lead time on these, depending on his list. And then, in the middle of the first month of your order...Xmas and NY.

I am SURE he's taking care of it. Relax. It's a guy and a lathe, not a factory with robots.

obi

S1LVA

Enlightened
Re: waiting on my order still has not come yet mac...? ordered my flashlight on "Dec.

OK, breathe.

Generally, I thought there was upto three months lead time on these, depending on his list. And then, in the middle of the first month of your order...Xmas and NY.

I am SURE he's taking care of it. Relax. It's a guy and a lathe, not a factory with robots.

obi

+1

Mac is a great guy, although, very busy. His products are well worth the wait.

S1LVA

iflyjts

Newly Enlightened

Not to worry...
I've got two coming also. Mac's GREAT!!!

His notes on his listings say that he will be out on family business 2/5 - 2/11.

"good things come to those that wait"

iflyjts :thumbsup:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've waited 9 or 10 weeks a couple of times. As everyone else has said, it'll be worth the wait :)

upsidedownviking

Newly Enlightened

Need to start a 'patiently and happily waiting for one of Mac's lights' thread for people to vent! :party:

I've had one take a couple weeks when I was expecting it to take months...

One last year took 10 months! My own fault for repeatedly missing Mac's emails with a question about the light's finish :ohgeez: !!!! So long I even forgot that I had ordered it and ordered another one!

Vernon

Enlightened

Jjmseattle, I feel your frustration too, sir. Over the past couple of weeks, I've sent a few emails along with a PM in regards to a tri that I ordered in December but haven't seen a response. Like the others stated though, I too have ordered lights in the past and received them within three months.

When ordering from Mac, expect really slow response times to your inquiries but know it will eventually be offset by really high quality lights. I'm not sure that the latter justifies the former, but it is what it is.

Josh

Last edited:

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast

You have to wait and be patient on a light of Mac's caliber. Once you receive it you'll understand why. Not to worry Mac is subperb to deal with and makes superior products....Robert.

Vernon

Enlightened

You have to wait and be patient on a light of Mac's caliber. Once you receive it you'll understand why. Not to worry Mac is subperb to deal with and makes superior products....Robert.

I hear you and agree that Mac makes top notch torches. I do, however, have other custom lights of the same quality (made by one-man shops) and get quick replies to questions and emails along the way. In addition, I get the light in hand within a week of ordering.

To be clear, I love Mac's lights and will continue to order them. I just don't think it's fair to say that a quality product from a one-man shop automatically equals little-to-no response and long wait times. It just so happens that's how Mac runs his business, and we all understand that you just have to roll with it.

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh; trust me, I'm a Mac fan. I show off his lights to my friends all the time. But I also set clear expectations to be patient if you want one. I wonder if it would be helpful to simply state on the website that customers won't receive an order confirmation, to expect email replies within a month, and to expect the product in hand between one and six months (or whatever the best range might be). In all honesty, I think it might cut down on the amount of confusion and frustration for first time buyers.

I personally view the long wait time kind of like I did around Christmas as a kid. The anticipation can be fun when you know there's something special in that unopened package on the front door step.

Last edited:

rda1

Newly Enlightened

Need to start a 'patiently and happily waiting for one of Mac's lights' thread for people to vent! :party:

I've had one take a couple weeks when I was expecting it to take months...

One last year took 10 months! My own fault for repeatedly missing Mac's emails with a question about the light's finish :ohgeez: !!!! So long I even forgot that I had ordered it and ordered another one!

I am OK with that, it might lead you to sell one and someone gets a good deal and their first exposure to Mac's lights.

:wave:

(My SST-50 has led me to order a copper Tri-EDC)

Rich

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mac's work is ALWAYS worth the wait. You'll agree when you get your light.

Karl

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vernon I have one e-mail from you on the 2nd of February at 10pm. Sorry as I had to leave in a hurry for some family related business and didn't have time to answer your email.i did however just answer you pm.

As for order confirmation PayPal sent you a receipt of your order. I guess I need to send another email confirming that I got the order from PayPal? The whole reason I went with the website ordering was to simplify things so people knew exactly what was available and knew exactly what they where ordering.

As for jjmseatle I have no emails and only 3 pm's from the 5th when I as already gone. Both of your lights will ship next week when I return.

As for slow email response I'd rather get lights shipped than spend days answering emails. I due my best but I was trying to get as much shipped before I had to leave so emails and pm's took a hit.

Sorry Mac

Last edited:

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well responded, Mac.

Wilkey

Vernon I have one e-mail from you on the 2nd of February at 10pm. Sorry as I had to leave in a hurry for some family related business and didn't have time to answer your email.i did however just answer you pm.

As for order confirmation PayPal sent you a receipt of your order. I guess I need to send another email confirming that I got the order from PayPal? The whole reason I went with the website ordering was to simplify things so people knew exactly what was available and knew exactly what they where ordering.

As for jjmseatle I have no emails and only 3 pm's from the 5th when I as already gone. Both of your lights will ship next week when I return.

As for slow email response I'd rather get lights shipped than spend days answering emails. I due my best but I was trying to get as much shipped before I had to leave so emails and pm's took a hit.

Sorry Mac

Will mine be in the next shipping serie?

mikegebbia

Newly Enlightened

Mac,

You need a secretary :)

Vernon

Enlightened

Well responded, Mac.

Wilkey

Agreed! I hope my tone didn't get lost in the text.

Mac, I think you're on point with the idea of a confirmation that might include an estimated shipping date. This might allow you to proactively set the expectation based on how busy a particular season might be for you. And it might ultimately cut down on more emails down the road as well.

Thanks for the PM.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Will mine be in the next shipping serie?

Yes your will ship next week as well. Sorry for all the spelling mistakes typing from an iPad is brutal.

Mac

Goldy

Newly Enlightened

Hi Mac,

I send you PM too. I hopes mine also in the next week group, otherwise please respond my PM.
Thanks

seahunt

Enlightened

Custom craftsmen, that is: Knife makers, gun makers and
flashlight makers all get 1000 tire-kicker phonecalls/emails
for every one real customer. Long delivery times are the NORM.
If you understand this issue and just stay off their backs
you will get better delivery time.
Regards, Chuck Hunt :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.