SureFire EB1 Backup 200 Lumen Flashlight

Glock 22

Enlightened
The SureFire EB1 Backup 200 Lumen Flashlight

I spoke to a retail salesman today and asked him when this model was going to be out. He said give me a minute so I can check my list of releases and the answer I got was Mid May when he will have them instock. Has anyone else heard anything different? The place was eagle optics.

EDIT: Finally it's going to be released a half a year later.

Last edited:

Glock 22

Enlightened
Just got off the phone with Tactical leds and I'm second in line for the new EB1. Right now they are just taking phone preorders, and one of the main salesman told me March or early April. John Moyer is who I talked to.

Last edited:

Tommygun45

Enlightened
The one reason I think there might be some validity to the claims is based on the recent drop in prices. I was emailing back and forth with Victora at spidertactical and she was saying how they are getting hosed with the new price drops. It only makes sense that they will need to fill that heightened price point with new products. The EB1 seems like a logical successor as the E1B dropped to fairly pedestrian prices. Its lower than its ever been, well that Ive ever seen it at least. The longer they have these low prices the longer they are losing that profit margin that they can gain by selling higher end stuff. I mean how much of a markup can there be on a UB3T when the thing drops almost $200 dollars? They need those $550 lights and the ~$2-300 lights to fill that niche in their lineup. But, alas, it wouldn't be the first time Ive been swindled by a crack head.

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
The one reason I think there might be some validity to the claims is based on the recent drop in prices.

I had the same thought. An excellent reason to drop prices like that is because you are about to release a bunch of new things, and you need to clear out the old stuff, because once you release the new stuff, the older inventory becomes even less valuable.

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
I think I mentioned this in another post but as soon as I saw that surefire had discontinued their incandescent line including the L1 it seemed to me that they were going to fill those empty spots with something. My first thought was the L1s assumed replacement the LX1. I also noted that they mentioned new rechargeables to come that made me think more lights of all kinds.

Glock 22

Enlightened
I e-mailed John back at tacticalleds.com for an update on the EB1, not sure on what he talking about on the batteries, I was first told May but who knows it may never come up for sale? Here's what he said

"So far nothing. I spoke to my rep early last week and he was saying about 2
weeks yet for the rechargeables that were scheduled out the same time. He didn't
have anything specific on the EB1 but he was guessing the same timeframe."

brianna

Enlightened
If you research threads past, you will see many times the term vapor wear. It means just because it is in the catalog it may never exist for purchase. However I really do believe this model will exist because of the recent price drops on the old E1B. The really big question is will the EB1 exist in the year 2012?

brianna

Enlightened
I over heard a conversation from two military personal at a Wendy's discussing the surefire EB1. They were talking about bulk purchases of lights. They were saying it will not be available till the last quarter of the year, so they may have to purchase the E1b models instead. I would guess this to be accurate information because it is going to be a bulk military purchase. They must have been provided accurate information I am guessing because they would be making such a large purchase.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's going to have to be quite an upgrade to replace my 210 lumen, warm E1B :)

PgPYd.jpg

EDIT By the way, thanks to Glock 22 for the host!

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
We sell a large volume SF at the retail store I work at and the EB1 isn't in our May line up.

Glock 22

Enlightened
I figured tactical leds would end up wrong, I was just to dumb to admit it. Typical Surefire tease us and get our hopes up. It just makes me sick. If my mind don't change it's off my list. Oh well.

:thumbsup: Your welcome GeoBruin.

Last edited:

brianna

Enlightened
You are not dumb to believe it, just hopeful like a lot of people here are.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're referring to my post, the answer is yes. It's the body from the 110 lumen E1B, a Valiant Concepts VME head and a Malkoff M31w. It's awesome. I've thought about putting an M31WL or WLL in it, but it's sure a pocket cannon as it is. Also, it's no run time slouch. ~45 minutes of full output and a long taper after that from what I hear.

What dropin powers this cool light? Is it the M31W?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Oveready might have an m31NL somewhere for you to enjoy.
Not as warm so you are brighter than WL and you'll gain runtime without having to live with the cool tints.
A thought..................... Can't source N (neutral) models anyplace else but Gene!

Edit/ you'll have to hit up the man himself for the N, it's a No at Oveready currently.

Last edited: