Storacell
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: SureFire EB1 Backup 200 Lumen Flashlight

Default Re: SureFire EB1 Backup 200 Lumen Flashlight

wow, post has been going on since 2/8/12,,hope we hear more info sometime soon
    SLPP 4 AA LUX; AT-100 10 LED; ARC AAA P; photon 1;Pewter 2C M@G with LED drop in; NEXTORCH Saint HID; SF E1B; RR 2AAA headlight; Vector 1 MIL CP spotlight: Q-Beam 2 Mil CP spotlight ;Sams HID; L2D RB 100; 6P

The Surefire EB1 is scheduled for a 4th quarter release. Production is to be started in November. It should be available mid to late November. Run time is not confirmed yet, but 200 lumens for production has been confirmed. At this time everything is a go for the new EB1.

Today a german flashlight dealer listed the EB1 for october 15th 2012 @ 296 € (378 US$)!
    I think this is a "do-not-order-now" price.
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by funzel View Post
    Today a german flashlight dealer listed the EB1 for october 15th 2012 @ 296 € (378 US$)!
    I think this is a "do-not-order-now" price.
    What do you think?
    I think Europeans are getting the shaft when it comes to imports due to their high tariffs. For such a price has to include all the taxation. Surefire knows they couldn't charge that much and get away with it...
    I love my HDS/Ra Clicky... My only wish would be a 5th(accessible thru a 2click press) mode, and a 2AA tube.

Quote Originally Posted by brianna View Post
    The Surefire EB1 is scheduled for a 4th quarter release. Production is to be started in November. It should be available mid to late November. Run time is not confirmed yet, but 200 lumens for production has been confirmed. At this time everything is a go for the new EB1.
    Do we know if the two stage tail cap like the L1 is still going to be an option???

The information I gave on the EB1 is all I know.

Let us hope the EB1 does not join the lamented LX1 among those "things that were not to be."
    If we could get everyone in the world to close their eyes and imagine world peace for an hour, think about how serene it would be until the looting started. -Unknown

Wow! Of these 2 lights that cost about the same, which would you rather have? This light, the Surefire EB1 200 Lumen backup flashlight, or the HDS Clicky/Rotary?
    To me, its a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by brianna View Post
    Quality and reliability is what is most important to me as well. I just don't think it should have taken the E1B new model EB1 four years to hit 200 lumen's. Also for the person that thinks 200 lumen's for the T1A is too much. Did you forget about the wonderful UI? Dial the brightness you need. Since the T1A is almost as long and heavy as the current E1B, 200 lumen's would make up for the size and weight of this so called key chain light. As I would like to call it a pocket paper weight. Plenty of weight for heat seeking 200 lumen's on the T1A. Most likely it will take 4 more years for this model to hit 200 lumen's. Quality and reliability is the most important factor. It is just that it makes me sad to hear people wanting to mod a new Surefire because the emitter is so out of date. Nothing should need to be done for a new light. We may be enthusiasts, but even the general public can appreciate a quality up to date product.

HDS has been at the 200 lumen mark for a while now. I Sort of use this as a quality bench mark. I agree it should not be a lumen game but quality and reliability comes first. If HDS can do 200 lumen's with quality, durability and reliability, then there is no reason Surefire should have lagged behind for so long.
    Yes there is. Their profit margins get wider over time, because people will still buy their outdated emitters, and defend Surefire for selling an outdated product.

You know, as if swapping an outdated Cree emitter for a newer Cree emitter on the same single-output board would affect reliability.

I don't have the later light but the E1B i do have, and its a great light i added the e2d TC and the TIR is great this is one thing that made me real glad i bought it,,Granted i know of surefire quality, the cost for a small light was quickly justified after i received it
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlanderNorth View Post
    Wow! Of these 2 lights that cost about the same, which would you rather have? This light, the Surefire EB1 200 Lumen backup flashlight, or the HDS Clicky/Rotary?
    To me, its a no-brainer.
    SLPP 4 AA LUX; AT-100 10 LED; ARC AAA P; photon 1;Pewter 2C M@G with LED drop in; NEXTORCH Saint HID; SF E1B; RR 2AAA headlight; Vector 1 MIL CP spotlight: Q-Beam 2 Mil CP spotlight ;Sams HID; L2D RB 100; 6P

Quote Originally Posted by somnambulated View Post
    You know, as if swapping an outdated Cree emitter for a newer Cree emitter on the same single-output board would affect reliability.
    It will change the beam pattern, which could require more R&D to redesign the optic (or even the entire bezel), and will alter the product lifecycle. In other words, it's not as simple as just substituting a part on the assembly line. How are they going to discontinue the old version and introduce the new one, and how much will that cost?

To me, its a no-brainer.
    Me too... all I need is a low, a high and the ability to use it right out of the box without having to read a manual.

In actuality, I will probably stick with the SF Backups I already have. 200 lumens would be nice, but probably overkill for what I use mine for on an everyday basis. I'm looking forward to the new ones coming out, so I can buy more of the "outdated" ones on clearance.

Sorry... double post.

The EB1 does not interest me as much as it did a while back. I have a fix for that niche. E1B body/tailcap with a VME head and a Malkoff M31N. 200+ lumens OTF, with a superb beam, and a nice neutral tint. It will be hard to improve over that. If the EB1 ever comes to fruition, I will probably end up buying one, but Im not holding my breath....

To me, its a no-brainer.
    You're absolutely right. Surefire, without a doubt. No brainer indeed.

I've owned about 30 of their excellent products and will continue to support them.
    My lightsWTB: Surefire: New/Used/Rare. Currently looking for everything Crosshairs + D2. Interesting trades available.Everybody, just send your lights directly to James - he'll end up with them anyhow, lol. -Kestrel

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmtl514 View Post
    You're absolutely right. Surefire, without a doubt. No brainer indeed.

I've owned about 30 of their excellent products and will continue to support them.
    Here too. I replaced my NovaTac 120E with a E1B. Got tired of the NovaTac UI.
    "It used to be 'Merkwuerdigliebe'"

Like the LX1, we want it. So they will never make it.

Ok, here's the official release date as of now. October 12, 2012. Of course, they might change it again. The 200 lumen EB1 will be available in 3 colors; Black, Silver and Tan. And 2 versions; Click Switch (EB1C) and Tactical Switch (EB1T). Low mode is 5 lumens: High is 200 lumens.

New LX2 Release date (Tentative of course!) is December 31, 2012 (Is this a joke? But I'm just quoting..). There are 3 versions. LX2C-A Click Switch 15/250 lumens; LX2T-A Tactical Switch 15/250 lumens and LX2TU-A Tactical Switch 15/500 lumens.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Incoherent View Post
    Ok, here's the official release date as of now. October 12, 2012. Of course, they might change it again. The 200 lumen EB1 will be available in 3 colors; Black, Silver and Tan. And 2 versions; Click Switch (EB1C) and Tactical Switch (EB1T). Low mode is 5 lumens: High is 200 lumens.

New LX2 Release date (Tentative of course!) is December 31, 2012 (Is this a joke? But I'm just quoting..). There are 3 versions. LX2C-A Click Switch 15/250 lumens; LX2T-A Tactical Switch 15/250 lumens and LX2TU-A Tactical Switch 15/500 lumens.
    helluva first post for a long time lurker...

The Surefires still got me interest as the last hold out using TIR optics. Seems like Malkoff has abandoned that route. Whenever you feel like it, Surefire.
    "a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen." -Warren vs District of Columbia, after three women were raped, beaten for 14 hours and police never came after numerous 911 calls were placed

Quote Originally Posted by Incoherent View Post

and thanks for posting.

I have been wishing for an E-series Surefire in factory tan color but I never really considered the E1B/EB1 as a candidate. Hope to see these available soon!

5 days to go

Actually, I am interested in all three models.
    I can't decide if I should buy the new LX2 , LX2 ultra or EB1.

Don't get your hopes up. I just called Surefire and they said it's projected Mid November. Was'nt that about the time last year when the Fury was released?
    Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK 22 View Post
    Don't get your hopes up. I just called Surefire and they said it's projected Mid November. Was'nt that about the time last year when the Fury was released?
    The Fury just seemed to pop up out of nowhere, if I recall!

I don't know that I'd pick one over the other, I have the Surefire L1, A2L,A2 and the E1b. I also have four hds. What I like in the Surefire's is there simplicity, what I like about hds is the programmability. What I like about both is there solid construction.

I look forward to seeing if the hotspot is as tight on the eb1 as the e1b. If it is it'll be an awesome addition.
    i hope that it comes out before Christmas, 7 months have passed and its still not on the shelves.
    I'm glad I found CPF, I was beginning to think I was strange
    I'm a Canadian and a proud Flashaholic
    Thanks CPF, thanks Think2x

Default SureFire EB1 Backup 200 Lumen Flashlight

The wait continues......

As of right now, it's expected to release in November if everything goes as planned...

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Robin24k View Post
    As of right now, it's expected to release in November if everything goes as planned...
    In other words no hard release date.

It's okay, my car can always use thicker sway bars.
    "a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen." -Warren vs District of Columbia, after three women were raped, beaten for 14 hours and police never came after numerous 911 calls were placed

It was given to me by marketing, but even then, past experience tells me it's not firm until I get a tracking number for the sample...

Quote Originally Posted by Robin24k View Post
    It was given to me by marketing, but even then, past experience tells me it's not firm until I get a tracking number for the sample...
    When you get one for review let us know.
    Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105