SANYO XX 2500mAh eneloop AA

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anybody tried this? Any feedback would be appreciated. THANKS

Sigmasailor

Newly Enlightened
Are they worth the extra money (compared to the 2000 mAh version?). I haven't tried them since I didn't think so but really like the 2000's

Wrend

Enlightened
Should work about as well as advertised. There have been many that have tried and used them. Capacity is about right, and low self discharge performance is OK.

However, in my opinion the regular "1500" cycle Eneloops are a better deal in the long run, with 2.4x the cumulative lifetime capacity potential. Also, if you consider that at least here in the US the XX cells cost about twice as much as the regular ones, for the same cost in cells, you get 4.8x the cumulative lifetime capacity potential and 1.6x capacity per charge switching out the depleted cells for full ones with the regular Eneloops.

The only real advantage of the XX cells is that they have 1.25x the run time per charge without having to switch out the cells. If that is something that is more important to you, then they might be worth it to you.

BVH

Flashaholic
The only real advantage of the XX cells is that they have 1.25x the run time per charge without having to switch out the cells. If that is something that is more important to you, then they might be worth it to you.

I have about 180, 1500 Eneloops and I just bought 12 of the XX's specifically for my electric sox - yes, really, electric sox. I get very cold feet. Run time on low went from about 6 hrs to 8 hrs. With the 6 hr run time and my schedule, I had to change to a second set each day. With the XX's, one set a day. So in this case, it was worth the cost.

arjay

Newly Enlightened
I have about 120 1st gen eneloops and got a pack of XX last year to test out. They have their uses and I actually just grabbed 2 more packs a couple of days ago. I use them in my edc as the self discharge rate wouldn't matter and I'll get 25% more runtime. As for price, they are priced around $2 above what the Eneloops 1500 where I live so it's not bad for 25% more juice, I plan to grab a couple more for my higher drain lights.

hellokitty[hk]

Enlightened
Regular eneloops hold their voltage better under load.
Sanyo hasn't really changed the eneloop chemistry a lot, and in this case they've traded a bit of the classic eneloop characteristics (longevity, self discharge, abuse tolerance, internal resistance, and lifetime) for a little more capacity.

The_bad_Frag

Enlightened
I have 20 of them and those are the best AA cells I ever had. I also use them in my triple XM-L Mag. Most of them have around 2600 mAh.

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
SANYO ENELOOP HARMOLATTICE HR 3U25HM 2500mAh

I just saw this in a store. Sanyo Eneloop Harmolattice 2500mAh AA battery. Is this the same as the Sanyo XX Eneloops?
I scanned the Web but haven't found an in-depth review, if there is one..Any information gurus??

CyberCT

Enlightened
Re: SANYO ENELOOP HARMOLATTICE HR 3U25HM 2500mAh

Here in the USA, the XX eneloops are twice the price of the regular eneloops. I have interest in the XX eneloops and have for quite some time, but Sanyo brough them to the USA later, after they were released in Europe. If they were close in price to the regular eneloops I would say get them, but since they are double the cost I say no. The best price I could find is $19 for four. I think that's rediculous.

I ended up buying the Powerex Imedion AA batteries and after extensive testing of my regular eneloops and Imedions (both AA and AAA) I can conclude that the Imedions, while just 25 cents more expensive than an eneloop, are on average 332 mah higher capacity than an eneloop. And with various tests in my high drain Fenix flashlights (like TK41) for instance, the Imedions always come out to lasting between 14% and 15% longer than eneloops on the turbo mode. So the math makes sense and the Imedions still handle high power draw requirements pretty well. See my post #131:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?279092-New-Imedion-2400mah-LSD-AA-Batteries/page5

OneBigDay

Enlightened

Just picked up a 4 pack of these and figured I would test them out. LSD with higher capacity seems the best of both worlds on paper anyway. As far as having less charging cycles, my thinking is that if I charge them once per week I wouldn't use up the 300 cycles for almost 6 years. In reality I doubt I would be charging as frequently as once per week.

My Powerex MH-C9000 charger results

2407 mah
2422 mah
2406 mah
2390 mah

I first ran a discharge cycle, then used the "cycle" feature with a charge rate of 1000 ma and a discharge rate of 500 ma. I did not run a full break in cycle. The final charge cycle ran for about 315 minutes.

The_bad_Frag

Enlightened

In europe they cost both 12€ for 4x XX or 4x regular eneloops. So I would be stupid not to get the XX. :D

Sigmasailor

Newly Enlightened

In europe they cost both 12€ for 4x XX or 4x regular eneloops. So I would be stupid not to get the XX. :D

In The Netherlands I just bought standard Eneloops for 7,45 (4x); the same in XX would cost 12,75. Not worth it.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

If they're the same price, why not try them out? As the guy posted above, if you only get 300 charges out of them, that's 6 years for $20. Not a lot of scratch to blow and it's not like you just got married and had a kid.

I just picked up 8 Imedion 2400s and 8 GP RyCyCo 2100s, so I'll fiddle with them and see. These two might offer a bit more capacity with LSD properties, but more cycles than the XXs.

The XXs will be my next target after my wallet recovers a little bit.

Two chargers--BC-700/C9000 in 2-3 weeks, 44 AAs, 12 AAAs and three lights later, it's on 'life support'.

Chris

The_bad_Frag

Enlightened

If they're the same price, why not try them out?

I have 20 of them and those are the best AA cells I ever had. I also use them in my triple XM-L Mag. Most of them have around 2600 mAh.

edit: ...or did I made a grammar mistake that my statement above could be misunderstood? :D :D

Last edited:

tam17

Enlightened

In europe they cost both 12€ for 4x XX or 4x regular eneloops.:D

Not quite everywhere in Europe. Pricing here (B&M store, distributor) is 18.4EUR for 4*XX's vs. 13.8EUR for 4*1500's. I got a pack of them anyway;)

After three full discharges in Jetbeam PA40 and three charges in MQR-06 their performance great and I'm satisfied.

Cheers,

Tam

Lion251

Newly Enlightened

:thinking:...at least in germany they are the same price when you get them from the cheapest online store.
In The Netherlands, I can get them at nkon.nl for € 7,95 / 4 pcs (delivered in storage box), € 13,95 / 4 pcs XX.
Prices drop gradually to € 6,85 / 11,95 when buying larger quantities.
They ship within Europe for very reasonable rates.

Sigmasailor

Newly Enlightened

In The Netherlands, I can get them at nkon.nl for € 7,95 / 4 pcs (delivered in storage box), € 13,95 / 4 pcs XX.

He, that's where I got mine; they ship fast to!

Sigmasailor

Newly Enlightened

He, that's where I got mine; they ship fast to!