Aftermarket flashlight sheaths?

Sid Post

Newly Enlightened
I have several 4Sevens AA and CR123 dual battery lights and want a better quality belt sheath for them. The Turbo head model came with a sheath that didn't even fit!

Throwing them loose in a pocket is getting old and I don't want to loose one to a failed belt sheath. Looking at Maxpedition, SOEGear, and theWilderness for starters hasn't yielded much information I can use to narrow my choices in a new sheath.

I want 1000 denier cordura or similar, prefer a faxtex clip, and need something that fits a double thickness 1 3/4 leather belt.

If my search 'fu' is weak on this antiquated obsolete laptop, please point me in the right direction!

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is difficult to determine the quality of fit for a flashlight/sheath combination without actually having them in hand. Therefore, consider visiting a few firearms and police supply stores in your area and bring your flashlights along. The stores in this area usually sell decent quality holsters and you can inspect them on the spot.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depending on where you live if there is a gun show you can bring the light and possibly find a maxpidition dealer or other similar product.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you go dont be suprised if you know alot more about LED quality lighting than most people there. It might offer you the chance to see O Lights etc in person possibly 'other brands' as well. years ago Winchester sold a flashlight along with guns. For some reason not all people who would spend $700+ for a Sig Sauer balk at paying $40+ for a LED light.

BillSWPA

Enlightened
The best belt carrier I have seen for a flashlight is the Kydex one made by Comp-Tac. A close second is the Kydex one made by Blade-Tech. Unfortunately I don't see 4Sevens in the list of brands supported by either. Perhaps a custom Kydex maker could make something similar?

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogokuns Thor's Custom Leather Holsters are pretty awesome.

Nite-ize Stretch holster works pretty good too

TEMPA

Newly Enlightened
I am about to recieve a Fenix TK41 (if the postman ever gets here....) and am now embarking on the mission to find a sheath / holster for it.

I have read that the Maxpedition Universal works as does they Niteize Stretch but I have read differing reports as to how successfully they do actually work.

What makes it harder is there are precious few places here in Australia that I can walk into to try them out physically before purchasing...

dam294

Newly Enlightened
I really like the 5" Maxpedition flashlight sheaths for my Quark AA^2 lights. I've got one of their 4" adjustable sheaths that fits my Quark 123x2 and some single 18650 lights nicely as well. Great quality at a fair price in my opinion.

ETA: The 5" Maxpedition I mentioned has about 3.5" wide belt loop. I don't have the 4" in front of me but I believe it's about the same.

Last edited:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Be on the look out for sellers who have table tops full of assorted size holsters priced at a discount with no shiping charge.
You can get some pretty good deals on top quality EDC holsters for flashlights. might be able to pick up 3 for less than $20.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the 5" Maxpedition flashlight sheaths for my Quark AA^2 lights. I've got one of their 4" adjustable sheaths that fits my Quark 123x2 and some single 18650 lights nicely as well. Great quality at a fair price in my opinion.

ETA: The 5" Maxpedition I mentioned has about 3.5" wide belt loop. I don't have the 4" in front of me but I believe it's about the same.

Thanks for that info. Going to take a look at using one with a Fenix LD25. The holster it comes with is a bit of a tight fit.