Magic Fire 40W HID 4000-Lumen 4x18650 HID Flashlight

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast

Magic Fire 40W HID 4000-Lumen
4x18650 HID Flashlight

These are in the Marketplace here as a few have seen...

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...ire-40W-HID-4000-Lumen-4x18650-HID-Flashlight

$180

They may be worth taking a look at: Shorty, Tight Around Bulb, Smoother Reflector, 4300k, 4 x 18650 user replaceable etc.

Tight Bulb and Smooth Reflector
111125152358601fbee38ed793_resize.jpg

Very Tight and Smooth
DSCF0192.jpg

User replaceable Batteries 18650 x 4
DSCF0195-1.jpg

DSCF0193.jpg

DSCF0194.jpg

DSCF0191.jpg

Shorty!
DSCF0189.jpg

1112022202848f0769b0d5a223_resize.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I think these look great. I want to get one as soon as I can come up with the cash. I really like the form factor and also the use of 18650 batteries.

Richie086

Enlightened
Hi Lips...This is a winner just for the fact it doesn't require a proprietary battery pack. Finally a positive leap forward in my book. I really like the great 4300k temp too.

Patriot

Flashaholic
3rd to last photo, the light is etched "Magic Scorpion" Wow! quite the name on that thing...haha. Looks like a great little light and I really dig the battery carrier.

JulianP

Enlightened
Hi Lips...This is a winner just for the fact it doesn't require a proprietary battery pack. Finally a positive leap forward in my book. I really like the great 4300k temp too.
No proprietary battery pack? Whoa! We asked the universe, and the universe listened.

Patriot

Flashaholic
No proprietary battery pack? Whoa! We asked the universe, and the universe listened.

For sure! One of the reasons that I enjoy my WE Boxers so much are because of the loadable, non-proprietary carriers. As long as the ballasts hold up it kind of future-proofs the light, since fresh, up-datable cells can always be used.

MDJAK

Newly Enlightened
Patriot, ot, but gotta say I love your videos and reviews. You are awesome.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Patriot, ot, but gotta say I love your videos and reviews. You are awesome.

I'm probably the most minimally "awesome" person that I know...lol. But thanks for the kindness.

I'm really thinking about picking one of these up. It seems like a lot of light for the money and something that I might enjoy for non-serious night hikes. I'd like to find out if the carriers can be purchased separately because a depleted battery pack on the trail would only require dropping in another carrier preloaded with charged cells.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Looking forward to a review. It LOOKS like if you drop it, it will break.

The difference between a tool and a toy is typically one of my criteria.

:D

BVH

Flashaholic
I know you emphasized "Looks" and I'm not finding fault with your post but am wondering what points lead you to that conclusion?

Looking forward to a review. It LOOKS like if you drop it, it will break.

The difference between a tool and a toy is typically one of my criteria.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
DSCF0192.jpg

It just looked delicate to me.

The wire would have momentum, and obviously some range of motion imposed by impacts, and that sort of thing seems to be vulnerable to vibration and impacts, etc....as the attachment points would therefore be slightly tweaked back and forth, if not on impact, upon repeated vibration, stress, etc.

The bezel looks thin, and the head heavy compared to the tube. Again, it might all be the way the pic looks, and not the light itself, etc, but it looks like the head would deform and the lens might crack on a bezel strike.

So, its an impression. I hope its wrong....hence my hoping for a good review by someone with it in their hands. That is always better than looking at 2D pics.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
TEEJ
It LOOKS like if you drop it, it will break.

It just looked delicate to me.

The wire would have momentum, and obviously some range of motion imposed by impacts, and that sort of thing seems to be vulnerable to vibration and impacts, etc....as the attachment points would therefore be slightly tweaked back and forth, if not on impact, upon repeated vibration, stress, etc.

Judging from the knurling, it looks like if you threw it 50ft straight up, a mysterious force would hold it immobilized in the air until lunch hour, at which time levitation would cease and you could capture it with a sharp eye and a fishing net.....

Ok, I'm just joking with you TEEJ. :nana::wave::)

I think the wire you're referring to is just a shadow that's been magnified by the reflector. There is no actual wire running across it. The materials and dimensions are pretty conventional so I suspect that it should be a reasonably robust light from the outside. I'm never too worried about lights constructed of aluminum tubes but I always question the electronics within, the stuff we cant see. I might pull the trigger on one of these but I'd feel better if the seller started responding to questions in his own sales thread first.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Judging from the knurling, it looks like if you threw it 50ft straight up, a mysterious force would hold it immobilized in the air until lunch hour, at which time levitation would cease and you could capture it with a sharp eye and a fishing net.....

Ok, I'm just joking with you TEEJ. :nana::wave::)

I think the wire you're referring to is just a shadow that's been magnified by the reflector. There is no actual wire running across it. The materials and dimensions are pretty conventional so I suspect that it should be a reasonably robust light from the outside. I'm never too worried about lights constructed of aluminum tubes but I always question the electronics within, the stuff we cant see. I might pull the trigger on one of these but I'd feel better if the seller started responding to questions in his own sales thread first.

See, THIS is why 2D sucks.

Yeah - They have been active on either forum lately....lots of Que piling up, and no answers.

I imagine this isn't all they do all day or something crazy like that.

I could use this light if its durable though, so....

[whistling...]

MDJAK

Newly Enlightened
Well as I said, I ordered one. As soon as it arrives you gentlemen will know

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has been a long time since the seller replied to any threads in the MarketPlace. My guess is that he is too busy to come on here because he normally responds to his threads almost daily. I, too, am strongly considering picking one of these up. This is really the kind of form factor and battery design a lot of us have been looking/asking for. Also if the quality turns out to be good then the price is more than reasonable for this kind of power.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I mentioned in the sales thread:

"My only conclusion is that Rick must have had a REALLY special Valentine's Day with his partner and is probably way too drained out physically and intoxicated to answer any of our Q's. Let's just hope his drinks lots of chicken essence and RedBull and we all wish him a speedy recovery...
thumbsup.gif

Perhaps to us grumbling people, we're just jealous that he had a better Valentine's Day than us???"

:naughty: