NiteRider Dual

cehowardGS

Newly Enlightened
Anybody running this light? I picked up at a bike swap, minus the charger..

nr46.jpg

BTW, know where I can pick up a charger? Or if I find out the volts it uses, could I use any charger that fits with the right volts?

I am newbie.. :)

pick

Newly Enlightened
cool light...did they show you how bright it was before you bought it?

cehowardGS

Newly Enlightened
cool light...did they show you how bright it was before you bought it?

Couldn't do that, because it was missing a charger. BTW, how I am supposed to act, after all it cost me a whole DOLLAR.. $1.00

Now, I am trying to do some researched to get it running. BTW, I don't run nothing like this on my bikes. My bicycles in my humble old opinion are COOL LOOKING ROAD ROCKETS. This light doesn't fit into my persona.. ;)

Will try to get it working, and might pass it on to somebody that can use it...

Thanks for the feedback,

cehowardGS

Newly Enlightened
Mate this link will give you some more info on the light http://www.tracerfire.com/mountain_bike_off_road_lights/prod_digital_pro_12lcd.htm

l
ooks like she has a 13.2v NiMh pack so a charger should be very easy to come by assuming the batteries are still ok. If they are stuffed they are only cheap to replace

Thanks that tip. That helps a lot. I got a bunch of old laptop chargers laying around, I wonder if one of them will fit it.. Also, it looks like it has a control panel with buttons too.

find_bruce

Newly Enlightened
Thanks that tip. That helps a lot. I got a bunch of old laptop chargers laying around, I wonder if one of them will fit it.. Also, it looks like it has a control panel with buttons too.
A "laptop charger" is just a DC power supply - the charge circuits are in the laptop. It may be that was all the NiteRider used & it has the circuits in the control panel or the battery, but if I was you, I would be wanting to check first.