When will we see the alternate screw-in reflector for the Spark SD series?

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Starting a thread just to remind Xyber that there are a number of us who would like to have the screw-in reflector bezel he's promised for the SD series. If you're waiting for one, chime in!!

spinkid

Newly Enlightened
Ha, Just saw this. I will add to your overwhelming support. LOL I hope its soon, but I am oncall this week for work, so hopefully I have one on my head for the next oncall in 5 weeks.....

ryguy24000

Enlightened

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
End of thread! From Xyber:

Hi Bolster,I saw your thread regarding the SD reflector. It is available right now, www.sbflashlights.com andwww.goinggear.com are going to get it within a week. As what we've seen on the samples, it is not that throwy like ST6 does, but still does.

marcis

Newly Enlightened
End of thread! From Xyber:

Hi Bolster,I saw your thread regarding the SD reflector. It is available right now, www.sbflashlights.com andwww.goinggear.com are going to get it within a week. As what we've seen on the samples, it is not that throwy like ST6 does, but still does.
Bolster where is the SD reflector on www.sbflashlights.com ? I typed in SD reflector, and searched under spark products, but I do not see anything ?

robostudent5000

Enlightened
Bolster where is the SD reflector on www.sbflashlights.com ? I typed in SD reflector, and searched under spark products, but I do not see anything ?

c'mon man, hasn't Bolster done enough? is it now his job to check inventory and update other people's websites? ask the guys who actually work at SBflashlights or Going Gear.

i apologize for butting in here as i know this has nothing to do with me, but good grief.

marcis

Newly Enlightened
c'mon man, hasn't Bolster done enough? is it now his job to check inventory and update other people's websites? ask the guys who actually work at SBflashlights or Going Gear.

i apologize for butting in here as i know this has nothing to do with me, but good grief.
.It's not even worth my time, but ... take a chill pill, gees. If bolster does or doesn't know the answer it would take him less than 10 seconds to tell me in a post. So just relax guy, more important things in life to get upset about.

robostudent5000

Enlightened
.It's not even worth my time, but ... take a chill pill, gees. If bolster does or doesn't know the answer it would take him less than 10 seconds to tell me in a post.

you know who else could take 10 seconds or less to answer your question? the guys at SBFlasghlights.

BarryH

Enlightened
Or could do a little search over on the Marketplace forum to find a very recent post from one of the guys at SBFlasghlights... (complete with photos)

marcis

Newly Enlightened
Or could do a little search over on the Marketplace forum to find a very recent post from one of the guys at SBFlasghlights... (complete with photos)
Actually you can't if you are not registered. search is disabled for non members, like me :)

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, late to this thread, but Marcis has posted the only actual buy-link I'm aware of. I think goinggear is waiting for actual stock to arrive before posting a buy-link (?)

Photos:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?262091-Spark-SD-series-headlamp-reflector-adapter!-It-s-been-a-long-wait&highlight=reflector

L
ooks to me that significantly less light would be lost, as compared to the previous dark-anodozed bezel. So I'd expect this to make the light brighter overall, not just less floody.

Who'll be first with beamshots?

Last edited:

mikedeason

Newly Enlightened
I have one coming for my SD6.

I found the Spark SD to be basically useless with the amount of flood so Im really looking forward to the reflector.

Hoping it is similar or even more focused than my excellent Zebra H600 beam

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
My carp is that I suspect a lot of light is lost with the dark anodized stock bezel. I like the super flood for work, but when I measure output in my Lumen Toob, I don't get readings nearly where they should be, for the 280 lumen advertised.

ryguy24000

Enlightened
Sweet...you mean to tell me that all I have to do is pay $10 and I get another kick *** headlamp...wow...that's cool! Thanks Spark. What a great idea. Just change the bezel setup and change the beam profile. 2 lamps for the price of one plus $10

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Totally agree. I've been whining for a year, for Zebralight to add threaded bezels to their lights. Think of the possibilities.

ryguy24000

Enlightened
Yeah Bolster maybe we should be thanking you. I remember this was originally your idea.

Jeffa

Newly Enlightened
I've got one on the way. I'm hoping for a big improvement for $10 you can't go wrong. (fingers crossed)

Jeffa

Newly Enlightened
I've got one on the way. I'm hoping for a big improvement for $10 you can't go wrong. (fingers crossed)

Update: Just received my reflector and the fit and finish is perfect. My SD6-460NW is now much more versatile for most of my uses and with one quick change back to the original bezel I can work underneath my car or in the engne compartment perfectly. This new bezel was an awesome idea and for $10 I essentially have two lights.

Great Job Spark / Bolster!:thumbsup:

Last edited: