New PRG 50 Died

dtsoll

Enlightened
I just got the PRG-50 in July and now it won't take a charge. It is a solar rechargeable and it already bit the big one! I had to email casio 2 or 3 times on where to send it for repair, hope this is not a sign of their customer service /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Anyway, it's boxed up and ready to take to staples to ship to Dover for repair. I hope it doesn't take forever!!!! Anyone have experience with Casio repair? I am very saddened cause I loved that watch until now, that is. I'll go now and grieve, thanks for listening. Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bigcozy

Enlightened
You know that I have more than my share of Casios, and as a rule Casio has done very well by me in terms of customer service. A new watch like yours will most likely just be tossed and a new one sent to you.

Odd that a top of the line Casio would blink out like that. To be honest, I am losing faith in the entire PRT line of watches. I have had several problems with them myself, and no longer own one. I think I may check out a Suunto Vector to see how it compares.

dtsoll

Enlightened
Randy,
It's good to hear from ya! I am also surprised that it croaked, first casio that I have had problems with. I had it in a window for a week now and it would work for a couple minutes after removing from the light then charge would blink and all functions would be disabled. For what I paid I hope they take care of it or.....else I'll be mad at em. Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dtsoll

Enlightened
Update!!! It's Alive!! It took a few weeks but they switched out the battery and it lives! I missed it's cool factor. What I really missed was the compass feature to find my way back to the house from out in the front yard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Anyway, despite the long wait, Casio did come through! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bigcozy

Enlightened
That has been my experience with them.

The compass in degrees is pretty useful. By tracking my heading, I realized that when in the woods, I often walk a much more circuitous route than I would have thought. Having the compass makes you go in straight lines, cuts down on fatigue.